Get an overview of this hotelGateshead hotel overlooks the River Tyne
Popular property highlights
Near BALTIC Centre
Hilton Newcastle Gateshead is within a half-mile of Sage Gateshead, BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art, and Quayside. St. James' Park, Laing Art Gallery, and Newcastle Rail Station are within a mile.
Health club and spa
For recreation, guests enjoy an indoor pool with spa tub, a fitness centre, and a health spa. Windows on the Tyne Restaurant features English cuisine and river views. Room service is available around the clock.
All 254 air-conditioned guestrooms at Hilton Newcastle Gateshead feature modern decor, high-speed Internet access, coffee/tea makers, and TVs with premium satellite channels and pay movies.
- Good location
- Good for nightlife
- Overall value of stay
- Helpful staff
- Guestroom size
Hilton Newcastle Gateshead
Within walking distance of Newcastle's city center and several area attractions, Hilton Newcastle Gateshead has a spacious, modern lobby with a concierge desk and 24-hour front desk. Floor-to-ceiling windows in Windows on the Tyne Restaurant make the most of the hotel's riverfront location. Windows on the Tyne Bar offers beer, wine, cocktails, and light fare. Room service is available 24 hours. Business-friendly amenities include a business center, complimentary wireless Internet access in public areas, 10 meeting and event rooms and a ballroom that accommodates up to 500. For recreation, the hotel offers a health club with an indoor pool, spa tub, and fitness center. Ocean Rooms Spa provides beauty treatments using Thalgo and Dermalogica skincare products. Laundry facilities are on site. Parking is available for a surcharge.
- Express check-in
- Rooftop terrace
- Full-service spa
- Indoor pool
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Conference space
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms
- Year Built 2002
- Coffee shop or café
- Free WiFi
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Number of meeting rooms - 10
- Spa services on site
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Designated smoking areas
- Laundry facilities
- Spa tub
- Total number of rooms - 254
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Number of floors - 5
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Multilingual staff
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Indoor pool
- Free Wi-Fi
- Laundry facilities
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: ,
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Room service (24 hours)
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Deep soaking bathtub
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Satellite TV service
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Flat-panel TV
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- MP3 docking station
Where to Eat
Windows on the Tyne Restaurant - Casual dining in an open, airy room with floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the river. English and international cuisine. Open for daily breakfast, weekday lunch, and nightly dinner.
Windows on the Tyne Bar - Serving beer, wine, cocktails, burgers, sandwiches, and other light fare. River views.
In-room dining - Available 24 hours a day.
Nearby Things to Do
The hotel's health club includes an indoor pool with spa tub and a fitness center with cardio and strength-training machines.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
Ocean Rooms Spa offers 6 types of massage, body and beauty treatments, and facials using Thalgo and Dermalogica skincare products.
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! One child 17 years old or younger stays free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for GBP 10 per stay.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of GBP 35 per accommodation, per stay
- Dogs and cats only
- 1 per room (up to 75 lb)
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: GBP 15.95 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: GBP 14.99 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: GBP 14.99 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: GBP 12 per night
- Pet fee: GBP 35 per accommodation, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: GBP 10 per stay
- Hilton Gateshead Newcastle
- Hilton Newcastle
- Hilton Newcastle Gateshead
- Hilton Newcastle Gateshead Hotel
- Hilton Newcastle Hotel Gateshead
- Gateshead Hilton
- Hilton Gateshead
- Hilton International Gateshead
- Hilton Newcastle Gateshead Hotel Gateshead
We should mention
One child 17 years old or younger stays free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).
Kids stay and eat free at Hilton hotels
Time spent together as a family is very precious. And Hilton knows how important it is for everyone to be happy. Hilton takes care of the little things which make all the difference, so everyone has an enjoyable, relaxing stay.
Hilton offers a whole host of benefits for you and your little ones in the UK and Europe:
- Children up to and including the age of 10 can eat and drink for free from the children's menu, which features a range of freshly prepared treats for little ones
- Children under the age of 18 can stay for free when sharing your room
This establishment has received its official star rating from VisitEngland, the National Tourist Board for England.