Get an overview of this hotelSuburban hotel with full-service spa and restaurant
Popular property highlights
Situated in a shopping district, this spa hotel is 0.6 mi (0.9 km) from metrocentre and within 6 mi (10 km) of Tyne Bridge and St. James' Park. BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art and Gateshead Millennium Bridge are also within 6 mi (10 km).
This hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. Free WiFi in public areas and free self parking are also provided. Additionally, a fitness center, a bar/lounge, and a coffee shop/café are onsite.
All 150 rooms offer comforts like Egyptian cotton sheets and pillow menus, plus 24-hour room service and flat-screen TVs with satellite channels. Other amenities available to guests include WiFi, coffee makers, and down comforters.
- Spotless, spacious guestrooms
- Good location
- Proximity to public transit and shopping
- Overall value of stay
- Helpful staff
- Overall room comfort
Newcastle Gateshead Marriott Hotel Metrocentre
In addition to a full-service spa, Newcastle Gateshead Marriott Hotel Metrocentre features an indoor pool and a spa tub. The hotel offers a restaurant and a coffee shop/café. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. A computer station is located on site and wireless Internet access is complimentary.
This 4-star property offers access to a business center and meeting rooms. Event facilities measuring 5640 square feet (524 square meters) include conference space. This business-friendly hotel also offers a fitness center, a sauna, and spa services. Onsite self parking is complimentary.
Newcastle Gateshead Marriott Hotel Metrocentre has designated areas for smoking.
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Express check-out
- Number of floors - 5
- 24-hour front desk
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Conference space
- Express check-in
- Fitness facilities
- Full-service spa
- Computer station
- Free WiFi
- Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- Luggage storage
- Business center
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Total number of rooms - 150
- Meeting rooms 9
- Pool sun loungers
- Free self parking
- Year Built 1989
- Conference space size (feet) - 5640
- Conference space size (meters) - 524
- Number of meeting rooms - 8
- Spa tub
- Indoor pool
- Coffee shop or café
- Wedding services
- Designated smoking areas
- Laundry facilities
- Multilingual staff
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Spa services on site
- Steam room
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Indoor pool
- Free Wi-Fi
- Laundry facilities
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( GBP 8.00 per day )
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hair dryer
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Iron/ironing board
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Satellite TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Shower/tub combination
- Room service (24 hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Down comforter
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- Pillow menu
Where to Eat
Full breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning.
The Rare Grill Restaurant - This restaurant serves breakfast and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. A children's menu is available.
Chats Bar - This bar specializes in British cuisine and serves lunch, dinner, and light fare.
24-hour room service is available.
Nearby Things to Do
An indoor pool and a spa tub are on site. Other recreational amenities include a sauna and a fitness center.
Children under 16 years old are not allowed in the swimming pool, health club, fitness facility, or spa tub without adult supervision.
The Comfort Zone has 2 treatment rooms. Services include massages, facials, body wraps, and body scrubs. The spa is equipped with a sauna and a steam room.
- Steam room in spa
- Number of treatment rooms 2
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Sauna in spa
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children 16 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for GBP 15.00 per stay.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets not allowed (service animals welcome)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Only service animals are allowed
No cribs (infant beds) available
- Fee for full breakfast: GBP 15.95 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: GBP 8.00 per day (rates may vary)
- Rollaway bed fee: GBP 15.00 per stay
- Marriott Hotel Gateshead Newcastle
- Marriott Hotel Metrocentre
- Metrocentre Marriott Hotel
- Newcastle Gateshead Marriott Hotel Metrocentre
- Newcastle Gateshead Marriott Metrocentre
- Newcastle Marriott Hotel Metrocentre
- Newcastle Marriott Metrocentre
- Marriott Gateshead
We should mention
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Up to 2 children 16 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.