Visitors to Newlands are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's bars and gardens. Top sights around the area include Westpac Stadium, Old St Paul's, and St Paul's Cathedral.
- You'll find 147 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Wellington
- The closest major airport is in Wellington (WLG-Wellington Intl.), 7 mi (11.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Paraparaumu (PPQ), 24.2 mi (39 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Newlands
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Westpac Stadium, Old St Paul's, and St Paul's Cathedral. Additionally, in the area you'll find Beehive and Old Government Buildings.
Here's a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Capital Gateway Motor Inn - With a stay at this 4-star motel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with a private balcony. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and bar.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Wellington Cable Car, 4.7 mi/7.5 km from the heart of the city, and Civic Square, which is 4.8 mi/7.8 km away.
Dressing for Newlands
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 69°F and the nighttime average to be 53°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 65°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September averages 58°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 68°F during the day and 47°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Newlands is 48.98 inches
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 68°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 43°F