Room is uncomfortable, lacks amenities, noisy
Posted Oct 23, 2016
The room was spacious and clean but out of date and not comfortable. The floor appeared to be a kind of vinyl that simulates wood. Actually this is a clever choice, compared to carpet, for cleanliness and possible allergies. But does it keep the noise down?
The worst part was the noise. At 5 in the morning I began hearing footsteps in the room above me. Clunk, clunk, clunk, clunk - thud. Clunk, clunk, clunk, clunk - bang. Clunk, clunk, clunk, clunk, clunk - crack. This went on for about half an hour, presumably until the person in the room above was finished getting ready and packed. It happened again that night as new people checked into the room.
* The outlet by the writing desk was difficult to reach. Impossible for me (or inadvisable) since I am older. The only other available outlet for my computer charger was behind the TV. I was lucky my cord stretched that far.
* But that left me with no place to plug in my phone except the bathroom (bad idea) or an outlet on the far wall, close to nothing. I had to place my phone on the floor to plug it in. And the outlet was loose, so I had to keep going back and shoving the plug in the wall.
I can't imagine how a family could manage to get all their devices charged in this room.
* There was a two-foot gap between the beds and the nightstand.
* The bathroom was well lit. The main room was not. There was a dim light over the desk and a lamp on the nightstand. That's it.
* I saw two spiders in the room