Holiday Inn Niagara Falls Scenic Downtown
Posted Nov 28, 2016
I stayed at Holiday Inn Niagara Falls Scenic Downtown during Thanksgiving 2016. It was a holiday vacation with family. I am sorry to say it was quite a negative experience.
1. Front desk staff was not friendly.
2. Was charged $10 each night for parking -- not very common, I think.
3. Wi-fi was bad. Every 5 minutes it would break off.
4. Breakfast buffet was $10.95 each person and there were not many choices. That was OK. What's weird was that milk and juice were not included and we were charged $2.5 per glass (and the waitress never told us about this). First time I experience something like that.
5. Heater was not working properly and I could not control temperature. So I had to turn it on and off periodically.
6. Pool water was so dirty that I dared not let my sons use it.
7. One of the room telephones was not working. The other one had strange noise.
8. There was no information brochure about the hotel facility/restaurant etc. so I called the room service asking about the hotel restaurant menu (we arrived at the hotel around 6pm and were considering dinner options). The staff said she had no idea and transferred me to the hotel restaurant front desk. The front desk guy then asked me to check the information brochure, for which I told him there was none. And he said: tell the room service to give you one. I ended up eating at another place.
9. Bathtub is clogged a little bit (not very serious, though).