Visitors can enjoy all that Niikappu has to offer including the volcano viewpoints, art, and museums. There are 3 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Obihiro (OBO-Tokachi - Obihiro), 39.5 mi (63.6 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Niikappu
A couple of favorite places to visit are Dimaccio Museum and Niikappudeikazan. You'll also find Shizunaikawaugan Ryokuchi Park and Mauta Park in the area.
As you plan your holiday getaway in Niikappu, you may not find the perfect accommodations in the city center, but here are lodging options around the area.
- Shizunai Eclipse Hotel is 15.1 mi (24.3 km) from central Niikappu. This 3-star hotel in Shinhidaka features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Obihiro Yachiyo Youth Hostel is located 30.2 mi (48.6 km) from the heart of Niikappu. This 1.5-star hostel in Obihiro features free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities.
- Hotel Annex Inn is 15.3 mi (24.7 km) from the center of Niikappu. This 3-star hotel in Shinhidaka features free WiFi, free parking, and a café.
Dressing for Niikappu
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 44°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 16°F
- From April to June, the average is 67°F during the day and 30°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 76°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 66°F as the daytime average and 19°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.38 inches of rain falls on Niikappu each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 73°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 18°F