Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Normal, which is also known for its university setting and sporting events. This city also attracts tourists with its bars.
- You'll find 52 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Bloomington
- The closest major airport is in Bloomington, IL (BMI-Central Illinois Regional), 4.4 mi (7.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Normal
The university setting is a highlight of the city and Illinois State University is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are RedBird Arena and Children's Discovery Museum.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Normal. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hyatt Place Bloomington/Normal - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hampton Inn Suites Bloomington - Normal - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Courtyard Bloomington Normal - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Normal
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Uptown Station. Normal might not have very many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Normal
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 57°F during the day and 14°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 37°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 51°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 73°F and nighttime averages of 18°F
- Average annual rainfall for Normal is 39.61 inches
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 85°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 18°F