Visiting North Adelaide
Families will find kid-friendly activities in North Adelaide, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, shopping, and abundant cafés. Welcoming and walkable, this city also attracts tourists with its zoo. Top sights around the area include Adelaide Oval, Adelaide Festival Centre, and Government House.
- You'll find 467 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Adelaide
- The closest major airport is in Adelaide, SA (ADL), 4.2 mi (6.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in North Adelaide
Families come for attractions such as Carclew Youth Arts Center, Adelaide Aquatic Centre, and Adelaide Zoo. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Adelaide Oval and Brougham Gardens.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 27 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in North Adelaide. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Adelaide Serviced Accommodation - With a stay at this 4-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to free parking and self-service laundry, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia travelers love its location.
- Adelaide Dresscircle Apartments Childers Street - Our customers love the high-quality beds and walkable location at this apartment. With a stay at this 4-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a café, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Buxton Manor - With a stay at this 4.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a spa tub, along with an in-room fireplace. Expedia customers like its quiet location.
Top places to visit in the area include Adelaide Festival Centre, located 0.8 mi (1.3 km) from the city center, and Government House, which is 0.9 mi/1.4 km away.
Getting Around North Adelaide
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from North Adelaide Station. North Adelaide might not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for North Adelaide
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 86°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 56°F
- From April to June, the average is 76°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 69°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 84°F as the daytime average and 49°F as the nighttime average
- North Adelaide gets about 21.02 inches of rain per year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 85°F, while August and July are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 46°F