Get an overview of this hotelCosta Rica beachfront resort surrounded by rainforest
Popular property highlights
This beachfront 4-star All Inclusive resort on Costa Rica's Pacific Coast is surrounded by a tropical forest with wild parrots and monkeys, 8 km (5 mi) from Playas del Coco village, and 12 km (7 mi) from the Congo Trail Canopy Tour.
Food and beverages at all restaurants and bars, use of the pool, kayaking and snorkeling, dance classes, and nightly live entertainment are included in Occidental Papagayo's room rate.
Guestrooms at Occidental Papagayo have patios facing the pool or gardens, or with partial bay views. All rooms include natural wood furnishings and satellite TV.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Occidental Papagayo - Adults Only -All Inclusive
This resort is all-inclusive. Onsite food and beverages are included in the room price (some restrictions may apply).
Gratuities and taxes
Gratuities and taxes are included.
Food and beverages
- All meals, snacks, and beverages included
- In-room minibar (all beverages included)
Activities and facilities/equipment
All non-motorized water sports, land activities, and use of recreational facilities and equipment are included.
- Fitness facilities
- Onsite entertainment and activities
- Access to onsite clubs
- Onsite live performances
- Motorized water sports
- Scuba-diving certification
- Scuba-diving excursions
- Premium or imported alcoholic beverages
- Room service
- Airport transfers
- Laundry/dry cleaning services
- Spa/beauty facilities and services
- Activities and services offered by independent operators
- Offsite tours
Located in Guanacaste on the Pacific coast of Costa Rica, Occidental Papagayo - Adults Only - All Inclusive is 5 miles (8 kilometers) from Playas del Coco village, 7 miles (12 kilometers) from the Congo Trail Canopy Tour, and a 35-minute drive from the Liberia International airport. This Costa Rica resort offers airport transportation. Guests must contact the property prior to arrival for airport transfer details.
This Costa Rica resort features a lush tropical landscape with scenic views of Papagayo Bay, with 2 outdoor freeform swimming pools, garden, full service spa, and a fitness center. Water sports include snorkeling, and kayaking. There is nightly entertainment and a daily activities program. Dining and refreshment options include a buffet, room service (limited hours), Italian and Japanese restaurants, and 3 bars/lounges. There is also a snack bar and a sports bar/disco.
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 163
- Number of floors - 4
- Number of bars/lounges - 3
- Business center
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Fitness facilities
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Hair salon
- Billiards or pool table
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Laundry facilities
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Meeting rooms 2
- Free valet parking
- Rooftop terrace
- Poolside bar
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Outdoor tennis court
- Year Built 1992
- Number of restaurants - 4
- Beach sun loungers
- Beach towels
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 22
- Spa services on site
- Spa tub
- Steam room
- Outdoor pool
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( CRC 7000 per day )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( CRC 7000 per day )
Free valet parking
- Balcony or patio
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free bottled water
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Rainfall showerhead
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Daily housekeeping
- Satellite TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Room service (limited hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
Where to Eat
Occidental Papagayo - Adults Only - All Inclusive has 4 restaurants including a Buffet, a Snack Bar, and 2 a la carte restaurants with previous reservations required.
Le Buffet - Regional and international dishes are served at this buffet-style restaurant. Open daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
D'Oriental - Traditional Japanese restaurant that includes teppanyaki and tatami rooms. Open for dinner only. Dress code applies. Reservations required.
The Italian - Italian cuisine in an elegant setting. Open for dinner only. Dress code applies. Reservations required.
El Rancho Snack Bar - Snacks and light fare during lunch and afternoon hours.
El Mirador Bar - Cocktails are accompanied by contemporary music in this lobby bar.
Arena Sports Bar - Lively sports bar and disco. Open late.
Room service during limited hours.
Nearby Things to Do
Guests can practice their backhand on one hard-surface, lighted tennis court, swim in 2 freeform swimming pools, and kayak, snorkel, fish, and play volleyball. The resort also offers a fitness center.
The resort can organize excursions to Palo Verde, Arenal Volcano, rainforests, and national parks, as well as deep-sea fishing and other boat excursions (surcharges apply). Nearby Playas del Coco (5 mi/8 km) is a very popular area for sport fishing and is also known as the gateway for surfers to reach places like Ollie's Point and Witches Rock, where the waves are superb.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Fitness classes on site
- Snorkeling on site
- Volleyball on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
- Deep tissue massage
- Number of treatment rooms 8
- Manicures and pedicures
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Facial treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children 18 and younger are not allowed at this adults-only property. All guests older than 18 are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- New Year's Eve gala dinner fee
- Christmas Day gala dinner fee
- Resort fee
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: CRC 7000 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: CRC 7000 per day (rates may vary)
- An early check-in fee will be charged
- A late check-out fee will be charged
- Occidental Adults Only-All Inclusive
- Occidental Grand Papagayo Adults Only-All Inclusive
- Occidental Grand Papagayo Resort Adults Only-All Inclusive
- Occidental Resort Adults Only-All Inclusive
- Occidental Grand Resort Adults Only-All Inclusive
- Occidental Grand Adults Only-All Inclusive
- Occidental Papagayo Adults All Inclusive
- Occidental Adults All Inclusive
- Occidental Papagayo Adults
- Occidental Adults
- Occidental Grand Papagayo Resort Adults Only All Inclusive
- Occidental Papagayo Adults Only All Inclusive
We should mention
A resort fee is included in the total price displayed. A fee for a mandatory Christmas Day gala dinner is included in the total price displayed for stays on 25 December. A fee for a mandatory New Year's Eve gala dinner is included in the total price displayed for stays on 31 December. Guests under 18 years old are not permitted at this adults-only property. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.