Visiting North Ward
Travelers to North Ward give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its parks.
- You'll find 373 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Townsville
- The closest major airport is in Townsville, QLD (TSV), 2.6 mi (4.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in North Ward
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Strand Park, Queens Gardens, and The Strand. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Army Museum North Queensland and Strand Waterpark.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 22 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in North Ward. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Castle Crest Motel - With a stay at this 3-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and central location.
- Townsville Holiday Apartments - Our customers love the location and clean, quiet rooms at this apartment. With a stay at this 3.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Quest Townsville on Eyre - With a stay at this 4.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and a fitness center, along with an in-room iPod dock. Expedia customers love its family-friendly amenities and spacious, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for North Ward
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 89°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 71°F
- From April to June, the average is 86°F during the day and 57°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 67°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for North Ward is 40.35 inches
- January and December are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 58°F