Tired hotel, needs a good facelift
Posted Jan 31, 2017
Had a very disappointing experience from a 4 Star Hotel
1. The place looked tired, (paintwork, carpets) and needed a desperate facelift.
2. Lot of noise from doors shutting with a terrible bang. What a racket!! Why cant they be fitted with simple pads and/or devices to stop them shutting with a bang?
3. Single ply toilet paper!! In a 4 star hotel this is a joke!!
4. The view from our room was awful!! A view of the car park and the fire escape ironwork and some dirty buildings in front of us. Not a glimps of the sea.
5. A mickey-mouse swimming pool.
6. Continental breakfast was a joke. Ran out of milk, cheese and lack of fresh fruit. £10 per person for a bowl of cereal and a couple of toasts was a bit over the top.
7. The reception staff were not very informative about the charges.
8. We felt we were robbed.
Will not stay here again and will not recommend to others. This is not what you expect from a 'fabulous 4 star hotel'. Fabulous it certainly was not.