Get an overview of this hotelLuxury hotel with restaurant and bar/lounge
Popular property highlights
Located in the heart of Launceston, this luxury hotel is steps from Design Centre of Tasmania, City Park Radio Museum, and Princess Theatre. Albert Hall Convention Centre and The Town Clock are also within 5 minutes.
A restaurant, a bar/lounge, and a coffee shop/café are available at this smoke-free hotel. Other amenities include a 24-hour business center, a conference center, and WiFi in public areas.
All 165 individually decorated rooms feature WiFi and 24-hour room service. Comforts include premium bedding and pillow menus, and guests will also find conveniences like sitting areas and refrigerators.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Hotel Grand Chancellor Launceston
Dining options at the hotel include a restaurant and a coffee shop/café. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Business-related amenities at this 4.5-star property consist of a 24-hour business center and meeting rooms.
A computer station is located on site and wired and wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. 8 meeting rooms are available. This luxury hotel also offers spa services, tour/ticket assistance, and multilingual staff. Guests can use the outdoor pool and health club at a partner property. For a surcharge, a roundtrip airport shuttle (available 24 hours) is offered to guests. Parking is available onsite for a surcharge.
Hotel Grand Chancellor Launceston is a smoke-free property.
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- Computer station
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Luggage storage
- Airport transportation
- Total number of rooms - 165
- Hair salon
- Laundry facilities
- Number of floors - 6
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference center
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Spa services on site
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Coffee shop or café
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Wedding services
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Tours/ticket assistance
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Meeting rooms 8
- Number of meeting rooms - 8
- Year Built 1989
- 24-hour business center
- Shopping on site
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( AUD 24.50 per 24-hour period ), Wired internet access ( AUD 24.50 per day )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( AUD 24.50 per 24-hour period ), Wired high-speed internet ( AUD 24.50 per 24-hour period )
Self parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Premium bedding
- Separate sitting area
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Pay movies
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower only
- Satellite TV service
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe (surcharge)
- Flat-panel TV
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Room service (24 hours)
- Pillow menu
Where to Eat
Full breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6:30 AM and 10 AM.
Avenue Restaurant - This restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Reservations are required. Open daily.
Late night fare is available from 24-hour room service.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Sailing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Boat tours nearby
- Hot stone massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Swedish massage
- Prenatal massage
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 10 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children 11 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for AUD 40.00 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Deposit: AUD 100.00 per day
- Fee for full breakfast: AUD 20 for adults and AUD 10 for children (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: AUD 24.50 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: AUD 24.50 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: AUD 24.50 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wired Internet in public areas: AUD 24.50 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Airport shuttle fee: AUD 40 per person (roundtrip)
- Airport shuttle fee per child: AUD 25.00 (roundtrip), (from 3 to 15 years old)
- Self parking fee: AUD 6.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- An in-room safe is available for an additional fee
- Rollaway bed fee: AUD 40.00 per night
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
- Grand Chancellor Launceston
- Hotel Grand Chancellor Launceston
- Launceston Grand Chancellor
- Launceston Grand Chancellor Hotel
- Hotel Grand Chancellor Launceston Tasmania
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Up to 2 children 11 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
This property has been awarded a star rating from the Australian Star Ratings Agency, Star Ratings Australia.