Visiting Nuevo Leon
Visitors can enjoy all that Nuevo Leon has to offer including the shopping and restaurants. There are 16 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Mexicali, Baja California Norte (MXL-General Rodolfo Sanchez Taboada Intl.), 15.8 mi (25.5 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Yuma, AZ (YUM-Yuma Intl.), 33.4 mi (53.8 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Nuevo Leon
A favorite place to visit in the city is Geothermal Power Plant Cerro Prieto. Additionally, you'll find Juan Antonio Ramirez Medrano Sports Complex and Forest of the City in the area.
As you plan for your vacation to Nuevo Leon, you might not find accommodations in the heart of city, but you can select from 16 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- Real Inn Mexicali is 25.9 mi (41.6 km) from central Nuevo Leon. This 3.5-star hotel in Civic Center features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and bar.
- Hotel Extended Suites Mexicali Cataviña is located 22.6 mi (36.3 km) from the heart of Nuevo Leon. This 3-star hotel in Mexicali features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its WiFi and proximity to shopping.
- Hotel Araiza Mexicali is 24.9 mi (40 km) from the center of Nuevo Leon. This 4-star hotel in Mexicali features 2 outdoor pools, 2 restaurants, and free WiFi. Our customers like its bar and pool.
Dressing for Nuevo Leon
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 44°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 109°F, while the average at night is 54°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 110°F with nighttime averages of 68°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 96°F and nighttime averages of 43°F
- Nuevo Leon gets about 1.81 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 108°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 45°F