Visiting Nuwara Eliya
Visitors can enjoy all that Nuwara Eliya has to offer including the rainforests and golf courses. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its secluded setting. In Nuwara Eliya, there are 272 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Nuwara Eliya
The city's natural beauty is on display at Pidurutalagala, Victoria Park, and Galway Forest Reserve. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Nuwara Eliya Golf Club and Single Tree Hill.
In Nuwara Eliya, you'll be able to select from 272 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Villa Mount Royal - This 3.5-star villa features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and room size.
- Heritance Tea Factory - Our customers like the overall value and quiet location at this hotel. This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and free WiFi.
- Grand Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and free breakfast, along with cable TV. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
A popular place to see outside the city is Royal Botanical Garden, 22 mi/35.5 km from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Nuwara Eliya
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 72°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 74°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 75°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 87°F and nighttime averages of 72°F
- About 2.48 inches of rain falls on Nuwara Eliya each year
- Usually April and May are the hottest months with an average of 89°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 72°F