Get an overview of this hotel4-star hotel with Iron Chef dining near Waikiki
+VIP Access™ Hotel
Our customers receive consistently exceptional service at these hotels.See details
7-minute drive to Waikiki
The Modern Honolulu sits on Ala Wai Harbor, 3 miles (4.8 km) from downtown and a mile (1.6 km) from Waikiki Beach. Pearl Harbor is 10 miles away, and nearby shopping includes Ala Moana Shopping Center, a 4-minute drive, and Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center, 6 minutes away.
Spa and outdoor pools
Guests can dine alfresco at The Grove, or order from 24-hour room service. Relaxation is easy with massage treatments at the spa, an onsite fitness center, and 2 outdoor pools, both with beverage service.
Free WiFi, DVD players
Free WiFi is available in all 353 rooms, and entertainment options include DVD players, games consoles, and LCD TVs with full cable access. Bathrooms have oversized, glass-enclosed showers. Guests can request a Keurig® coffeemaker for in-room drinks, and some rooms have views of the harbor or ocean.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
The Modern Honolulu
Popular property highlights
In addition to a full-service spa, The Modern Honolulu features 2 outdoor pools and 2 poolside bars. Dining is available at one of the hotel's 2 restaurants. This 4.5-star property offers access to a 24-hour business center and 8 meeting rooms.
A computer station is located on site and high-speed wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary. This luxury hotel also offers a nightclub, a rooftop terrace, and spa services. Parking is available onsite for a surcharge, as well as an airport shuttle service.
The Modern Honolulu is a smoke-free property.
- Luggage storage
- Conference center
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 353
- Number of floors - 18
- Number of poolside bars - 2
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fitness facilities
- Free WiFi
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Computer station
- Number of outdoor pools - 2
- Rooftop terrace
- Concierge services
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Meeting rooms 8
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Year Built 1964
- Number of restaurants - 2
- 24-hour business center
- Shopping on site
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Spa services on site
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Wedding services
- Full-service spa
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Valet parking (surcharge)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Daily housekeeping
- Free bottled water
- Premium TV channels
- Premium bedding
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Bathtub or shower
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Cable TV service
- Free WiFi
- iPod docking station
- In-room massage available
- Free newspaper
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Down comforter
- Pillowtop mattress
- LCD TV
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Free wired high-speed Internet
Where to Eat
Cooked-to-order breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 7 AM and 10 AM.
Morimoto Waikiki - Overlooking the ocean, this restaurant specializes in Japanese cuisine and serves lunch and dinner. Guests can order drinks at the bar and enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting).
Passageways - Overlooking the Sunrise Pool, this restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, and light fare.
The Grove - Overlooking the Sunrise Pool, this restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests can order drinks at the bar and enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting).
24-hour room service is available.
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the hotel include 2 outdoor pools and fitness facilities.
The activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Rafting nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Skydiving nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
Guests can pamper themselves with a trip to the onsite spa, which has 2 treatment rooms. Services include facials, body wraps, body scrubs, and body treatments. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy.
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Number of treatment rooms 2
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! One child 17 years old or younger stays free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 75.00 per night.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 50 per pet (varies based on length of stay), plus a USD 250.00 deposit
- 1 per room (up to 25 lb)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 15 and USD 45 for adults, USD 10 and USD 25 for children (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: USD TBA per person (roundtrip)
- Airport shuttle fee per child: USD TBA (roundtrip)
- Valet parking fee: USD 35 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet deposit: USD 250.00
- Pet fee: USD 50 per pet (varies based on length of stay)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 75.00 per night
- Honolulu Modern
- Modern Honolulu
- Modern Hotel
- Modern Hotel Honolulu
- The Modern Honolulu Hawaii
- The Modern Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. One child 17 years old or younger stays free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Some facilities may have restricted access. Guests can contact the property for details using the contact information on the booking confirmation.