Visiting Oak Flats
Visitors to Oak Flats are sure to enjoy the bars and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's lakeside setting and shopping.
- There are 123 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Wollongong, NSW (WOL-Illawarra Regional), 1.8 mi (2.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.), 47.4 mi (76.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Oak Flats
Places to visit in the larger region include Stocklands Shellharbour, Historical Aircraft Restoration Society Museum, and Croom Regional Sporting Complex. In the area, you'll also find Links Shell Cove Golf Course and Jamberoo Action Park.
This is a top rated accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Lakeview Hotel Motel - This 3.5-star motel features a casino, a restaurant, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Dressing for Oak Flats
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 58°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 73°F, while the average at night is 45°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 67°F with nighttime averages of 42°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 78°F and nighttime averages of 49°F
- Average annual rainfall for Oak Flats is 34.88 inches
- Usually December and November are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 44°F