Get an overview of this hotelBerkeley Luxury Hotel - Claremont Club & Spa, a Fairmont Hotel
+VIP Access™ Hotel
Our customers receive consistently exceptional service at these hotels.See details
Guests favorite property amenities
Overlooking the San Francisco Bay, Claremont Club & Spa in Berkeley sets new heights in service, amenities, and accommodations. For the past 100 years, Claremont has been recognized as an icon in the Bay Area. Conveniently located in the heart of Berkeley, the hotel is only a 20-minute drive from downtown San Francisco. Private parking is available. Its 276 beautifully appointed rooms offer a mix of old world charm and California comfort, many boasting breathtaking views of San Francisco.
Spa, pools, tennis
Claremont Club & Spa offers endless activities with state-of-the-art fitness facilities, 22 acres of landscaped gardens and a rejuvenating spa. Guests can indulge in ancient acupuncture, rejuvenating facials or relaxing massages, before a dip in the saline whirlpool overlooking the San Francisco bay. The hotel also offers 2 heated pools, a children's pool and 10 tennis courts.
The signature hotel restaurant, awarded a Four Diamond rating from AAA, feature both local fare and artisan ingredients sourced from around the U.S.
Originally a romantic castle at the start of the Gold Rush and later a grand hotel, this exclusive resort is rich with history and tradition.
TV, video games
A plush robe is the perfect outfit for watching cable TV or playing video games; all offered in Claremont Hotel's air conditioned guestrooms. Other amenities include in-room safes and minibars.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Claremont Club & Spa - A Fairmont Hotel
Opening its doors in 1915, Claremont Club & Spa has been revered as one of America’s iconic luxury hotels. As it celebrates its 100th anniversary, Fairmont Hotels and Resorts is proud to unveil our newest member of the Fairmont collection, ushering in a new era of luxury for the next 100 years!
Claremont Club & Spa is known for its extensive fitness facilities, including a 20,000-square-foot health club, 10 outdoor tennis courts, two outdoor lap pools, spa tub, and saunas. (Access to fitness facilities is included in the daily resort surcharge.) Other amenities include a fine-dining restaurant, casual-dining café, lounge/bar with views of San Francisco Bay, a lobby computer station with complimentary high-speed Internet access, 30,000 square feet of event space and self parking (surcharge).
The Spa Claremont includes a beauty salon and full menu of massage, hydrotherapy, body wraps, and skin care treatments. The business center provides a technical help desk, high-speed wired and wireless Internet access, and other business services (surcharges).
The Kids Club program (hourly surcharge) provides a garden, arts and crafts activities, toys, and games. The hotel also offers seasonal camps for older children.
- Number of floors - 9
- 24-hour front desk
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Children's club (surcharge)
- Supervised childcare/activities (surcharge)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Babysitting or childcare
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- Business center
- Newspapers in lobby (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- Fitness facilities
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Full-service spa
- Hair salon
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free WiFi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Children's club
- Laundry facilities
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Meeting rooms 10
- Multilingual staff
- Total number of rooms - 276
- Picnic area
- Poolside bar
- Luggage storage
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Year Built 1915
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Shopping on site
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Spa services on site
- Supervised childcare/activities
- Steam room
- Wedding services
- Breakfast available (surcharge) full
- Coffee shop or café
- Express check-out
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Number of outdoor pools - 2
- Pool umbrellas
- Outdoor tennis courts - 10
- Children's pool
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Video-game console
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Separate sitting area
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free weekday newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Free local calls
- Microwave (on request)
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Deep soaking bathtub
- Bathtub or shower
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Daily housekeeping
- Digital TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Room service (24 hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (free)
- Room service
Where to Eat
Meritage - Blends a world-class wine program with seasonal contemporary American cuisine. Offering both small and large plates and a variety of wines available by the taste, glass, or bottle.
Limewood Bar & Restaurant - Paired with stunning views of the garden and ocean, enjoy the perfect cocktail with lunch or dinner.
Bayview Café - Burgers, salads, and sandwiches served poolside. Seasonal hours.
Nearby Things to Do
Access to the Claremont's fitness center and activities is included in the resort surcharge. Ten tennis courts are available for play, with equipment rental for a nominal fee. A patio accommodates two outdoor lap pools, one 25 yards and the other 25 meters; a spa tub, and chaise lounges. A mind/body center offers a Pilates studio and full schedule of aerobic, yoga, and body sculpting classes. A spin studio, cardio room with bikes, treadmills, Stairmasters, and elliptical trainers are adjacent to the weight training rooms.
Four golf courses, both 18-hole and 9-hole—with driving ranges—are located within a 20-minute drive of the hotel. Hiking and biking trails are located just off the hotel property.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Free bicycles on site
- Fitness classes on site
- Pilates classes on site
- Playground on site
- Tennis lessons on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
The Spa at the Claremont Hotel Club offers massage treatments, facial treatments, and yoga classes. Visits to Spa Claremont include pre-spa amenities such as the steam room, spa tub, and lounge. Guests can choose from healing services such as acupuncture and skin-care treatments.
- Number of treatment rooms 25
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Sauna in spa
- Spa tub in spa
- Minimum age to access spa is 16
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Free rollaway/extra beds!
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 99 per accommodation, per stay
- Dogs only
- 2 per room (up to 35 lb)
- Specific rooms only, restrictions apply
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Resort fee: USD 26.00 per accommodation, per night
- Pool access
- Spa access
- Fitness center access
- Fitness/yoga classes
- Children's club/arcade access
- Business center/computer access
- Internet access
- Phone calls
- In-room safe
- In-room coffee
- Breakfast fee: between USD 30 and USD 40 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: USD 50 per person (one way)
- Self parking fee: USD 30 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 30 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 99 per accommodation, per stay
- Claremont Club Berkeley
- Claremont Hotel
- Claremont Club Fairmont Hotel Berkeley
- Claremont Hotel Berkeley
- Claremont Club Fairmont Hotel
- Claremont Resort Berkeley
- Claremont Hotel Club Fairmont Hotel Berkeley
- Claremont Hotel Club Fairmont Hotel
- Claremont Club Fairmont Berkeley
- Claremont Club Fairmont
- Claremont Hotel Club Berkeley
We should mention
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.