Get an overview of this hotelModern boutique hotel 1 block from UC Berkeley
Popular property highlights
Near Memorial Stadium
This Berkeley boutique hotel is 1 block from the UC Berkeley campus and Telegraph Avenue, lined with shops and cafés. Memorial Stadium, home of the California Golden Bears, is 0.4 mile away.
Henry's, a modern gastropub, offers seasonal food and an extensive selection of beers, California wines, and unique cocktails. Flat-screen TVs broadcast the day's sporting events.
Flat-panel TVs, Wi-Fi
Guestrooms feature large flat-panel TVs, complimentary wireless Internet access, iPhone/iPod docking stations, and designer bath products. Pillowtop mattresses are layered with luxury linens.
- Good location
- Onsite bar
- Helpful staff
- Clean guestrooms
- Comfy beds and overall room comfort
- Location was a bit noisy
Occupying a landmark Spanish-Mediterranean building, this recently renovated boutique hotel is within a short walk of the University of California-Berkeley, Telegraph Avenue shops and cafés, and a BART station. Berkeley's famous "Gourmet Ghetto" is about a mile (1.6 kilometers) away.
Henry's, the hotel's sports-themed gastropub, offers a wide selection of microbrews, California wines, and creative cocktails, along with fresh seasonal fare. On game days, the parking lot is cleared of cars and transformed into a beer garden. Other highlights include a 24-hour business center and a computer station. A 24-hour, roundtrip airport shuttle (surcharge) is available on request.
Graduate Berkeley (Formerly Hotel Durant) was completely renovated in January 2015 and is smoke-free.
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Conference space
- Meeting rooms 3
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 144
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Number of floors - 6
- Business center
- Wedding services
- Computer station
- Luggage storage
- Number of meeting rooms - 3
- Year Built 1928
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Television in common areas
- Free WiFi
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Free newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Ceiling fan
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Coffee/tea maker
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Hair dryer
- Bathtub or shower
- Flat-panel TV
- Iron/ironing board
- Daily housekeeping
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
- Cable TV service
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- iPod docking station
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- Pillowtop mattress
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
Where to Eat
Henry's Restaurant & Bar - This popular gastropub serves fresh, seasonal fare for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Chalkboard happy hour specials are featured and sporting events are broadcast on 9 big-screen TVs.
Nearby Things to Do
Graduate Berkeley (Formerly Hotel Durant) is located just 2 blocks from the UC Recreational Sports Facility. Day passes can be purchased.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 3 children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 20 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 20 per pet, per night
- 2 per room (up to 99.21 lb)
- Specific rooms only
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 12 and USD 15 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: USD 30.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 20 per pet, per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20 per night
- Durant Berkeley
- Durant Hotel
- Graduate Berkeley Hotel
- Hotel Durant Berkeley
- Durant Hotel Berkeley
- Graduate Berkeley (Formerly Hotel Durant)
We should mention
Up to 3 children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. This property allows pets in specific rooms only (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can request one of these rooms by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.