Visitors can enjoy all that Ohiopyle has to offer including the waterfalls and riverfront. In Ohiopyle, there are 3 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in Morgantown, WV (MGW-Morgantown Municipal), 26.7 mi (43 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Latrobe, PA (LBE-Arnold Palmer Regional), 28.6 mi (46.1 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Ohiopyle
The picturesque setting of Cucumber Falls and Ohiopyle Falls exemplify the city's natural beauty. Additionally, you might want to add Kentuck Knob to your agenda.
As you start planning your visit to Ohiopyle, the best accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 27 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- Ovr's Martha's Retreat-cozy Retreat w/2 Homes,hot tub &pool! Min to Ohiopyle! is 3.7 mi (6 km) from central Ohiopyle. This 3-star hotel in Uniontown features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Ovr's Marietta House-1920's Farm House w/ Scenic Views of Sugarloaf Mountain! is 2.9 mi (4.6 km) from the center of Ohiopyle. This 2-star motel in Jones Mills features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and convenient parking.
- Ovr's Shady Oak Cottage- Private Pool, 5 Bedrooms, Minutes to Ohiopyle! is located 4.2 mi (6.7 km) from the heart of Ohiopyle. This 3-star hotel in Farmington features a golf course, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and room size.
Dressing for Ohiopyle
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 52°F during the day and 17°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 78°F, while the average at night is 31°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 79°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 64°F and nighttime averages of 18°F
- About 50.16 inches of rain falls on Ohiopyle each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 19°F