Visitors to Okayama are sure to enjoy the gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's temples, museums, and art. Top sights in the city include Okayama Castle, Oriental Museum, and Hayashibara Museum of Art.
- There are 42 hotels and other accommodations in Okayama
- The closest major airport is in Okayama (OKJ), 8.6 mi (13.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Takamatsu (TAK), 30.5 mi (49.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Okayama
Cultural venues in the city include Oriental Museum, Hayashibara Museum of Art, and Okayama Prefectural Museum of Art. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Okayama Castle, Kibitsu Shrine, and Busshin-ji Temple. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and these places to visit: Ujo Park, Korakuen Garden, and Parade Hill Park.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 42 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Okayama. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Okayama Koraku Hotel - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a 24-hour business center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- ANA Crowne Plaza Okayama - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free WiFi, and a bar.
- Hotel Granvia Okayama - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 6 restaurants and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and proximity to public transit.
Other top sights in Okayama include Yumeji Art Museum.
Getting Around Okayama
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Okayama Station or Okayama Ashimori Station. Okayama might not have very many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Okayama
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 57°F and the nighttime average to be 32°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 80°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 59°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 74°F during the day and 35°F at night
- About 1.50 inches of rain falls on Okayama each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 85°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 33°F