Visiting Okunoshima Island
Visitors can enjoy all that Okunoshima Island has to offer including the cafés, restaurants, and waterfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's shopping, monuments, and parks.
- There are 43 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Hiroshima (HIJ), 10 mi (16.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Okunoshima Island
Favorite places to visit in the city include Okunoshima Island Poison Gas Museum, Ōkunoshima Ferry Terminal No. 1, and Ōkunoshima Ferry Terminal No. 2. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Okunoshima Shrine and Okunoshima Beach.
This is a top rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Kyukamura Ohkunoshima - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free parking, and a seasonal outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
Dressing for Okunoshima Island
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 60°F during the day and 33°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 82°F, while the average at night is 46°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 62°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 76°F and nighttime averages of 37°F
- Okunoshima Island gets about 1.46 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 86°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 35°F