History buffs will enjoy exploring Ollantaytambo, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Culturally-rich and quaint, this city also attracts tourists with its local tours.
- There are 59 hotels and other accommodations in Ollantaytambo
- The closest major airport is in Cusco (CUZ-Alejandro Velasco Astete Intl.), 29 mi (46.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Ollantaytambo
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Ollantaytambo Terraces and Llaqtapata. Additionally, you might want to add Plaza de Armas to your agenda.
In Ollantaytambo, there are 59 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hostal Iskay - With a stay at this 2.5-star hostal, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a library, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Parwa Guest House - Our customers like the clean, comfortable rooms and room size at this B&B. Amenities at this 3-star bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi.
- Kamma Guest House - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a rooftop terrace, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable beds.
Getting Around Ollantaytambo
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Ollantaytambo Station. Ollantaytambo might not have very many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Ollantaytambo
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 68°F and the nighttime average to be 42°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 67°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September averages 69°F during the day and 32°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 70°F during the day and 41°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Ollantaytambo is 28.03 inches
- Hottest months are usually October and December with an average temperature of 69°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 33°F