The hotel was publishing the room at Expedia as Deluxe King bed. "Limited Time: Free spa access for 2". At my arrival I ask what exactly that entitles and does it usually cost extra money for guest to enter the spa. The front desk response was that the spa is always free for guests. My initial response was simply "So why is this advertised as 'Limited time free access' isnt that false advertising?".
I did not take to much of a notice to it and was happy to go to my room and get some rest. Well they checked me in a double bed instead of the advertised and BOOKED Deluxe King. Coming back to the front desk they said that Expedia only sends them a request for a king and they give me what they have. THIS IS A 4 STAR RATED HOTEL. When i booked the room in Expedia it was booked as "DELUXE KING BED" not "DELUXE DOUBLE BED" so the hotel can chose their booking options at Expedia and could have shown me a double bed but chose to use FALSE ADVERTISING once again.
After a 10 Min discussions with the front desk it was clear none where willing help or yet alone care. So back to the room to deal with an unhappy girlfriend. I checked in Late so the next day i came back to the front desk and asked to cancel my renaming 2 nights, checkout and get a refund for the remaining nights.
Their words where "WE DO NOT PROVIDE REFUND YOU CAN CHECKOUT BUT WONT GET YOUR MONEY BACK"
Please do yourself a favor DO NOT check in at this hotel, It is the most HORRIBLE travel experience I've every HAD
Comment from Hotel Management
Jan 18, 2017 by Director of Sales & Marketing, Hotel Management
1) SPA Access... Most 4/5 star properties charge for Guests to simply enter their spa facility to use the hot tubs, sauna, steam room, gym, etc... We simply are promote the fact that we do not charge for this access... it is a very nice benefit. In fact we offer guests many complimentary amenities that 99% of other properties charge extra for:
Lodge Room = includes:
• No Resort Fee
• No parking fee
• No internet connection/daily use fee (wired or wireless)
• No local phone charges.
• Complimentary newspaper
• Complimentary coffee stations in the lodge buildings every morning.
• Complimentary Gym and Spa facility access
2) As for King Bed vs Double Beds...
A king bed room is a "request" as only about 20% of our rooms are King rooms... So when a request is made, we try to accommodate, however, if not available... there is no solution other than to deliver our Deluxe Double room... most of the time we can accommodate, however, if a guest extends his stay, etc. it can alter inventory we anticipated having available due to circumstance beyond our control... We will however always do the best we can to accommodate all requests. I will review how this is being presented in Expedia to be sure there is no misunderstanding,
3) As for cancellation... since your reservation was made through Expedia, any and all alterations to the reservation have to be done through Expedia... this is also beyond our control... you book, pay and agree to their terms, and we -like you- are bound by whatever agreement, price, cancellation terms, etc that you made with them. That is why our staff indicated that we could not cancel anything on our end... this has to be done through Expedia and if there is a refund due they have to authorize it and they will pay it to you. That's simply how it works when you use a 3rd party to book your hotel.