Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelWilderness retreat in Walt Disney World Resort
Popular property highlights
A magical wilderness
Just two miles from the Magic Kingdom Park, this wilderness getaway captures the timeless beauty of pioneer days with its log cabins and rustic campsites set among towering pines.
Rustic pioneer fun
Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground includes pools, tennis courts, bike rentals, a private beach and marina with boat rentals, and the Tri-Circle-D Ranch with horseback riding and a petting farm.
Cabins and campsites
At Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground, guests "rough it" in air-conditioned log cabins with extra Murphy beds, color TVs with DVD players, bathrooms, decks, and kitchens—or in paved campsites with parking (surcharge) for one vehicle each.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Free roundtrip airport shuttle 24-hours a day on request
- Daily housekeeping available
- Sitting area
- Onsite laundry facilities
- Babysitting/childcare (surcharge)
- Lobby fireplace
- ATM/banking services
- Multilingual staff
- Iron/ironing board
- Gift shops/newsstands
- Front desk safe
- 408 cabins
- Kitchen with full-sized refrigerator/freezer, microwave, and stovetop
- Coffee/tea maker
- 1 restaurant
- 1 poolside bar
- 1 coffee shop/café
- 1 private bathroom with combined shower/tub
- Hair dryer
- Free crib/infant bed
- Hypo-allergenic bedding
- Free WiFi in the cabin and public areas
- TV with cable channels
- Arcade/game room
- DVD player
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Picnic area
- Outdoor swimming pool
- On a lake
- Parasailing, surfing/boogie boarding, and water skiing nearby
- Tennis court on site
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Playground on site
- Theme parks nearby
- Horse riding on site
- Basketball court on site
- Volleyball on site
- Golfing nearby
- Hiking/biking on site
- Scooters/mopeds nearby
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 50 per pet, per night
- Dogs only
- 2 per room
- Specific rooms only, restrictions apply
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
- Breakfast fee: USD 19.16 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: USD $19.00 per night
- Pet fee: USD 50 per pet, per night
- Campground Fort Wilderness
- Disney's Campground
- Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort Campground Lake Buena Vista
- Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
- Disney's Wilderness Resort
- Fort Wilderness
- Fort Wilderness Campground
- Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
- Fort Wilderness Resort Campground
- Disney's Fort Wilderness Campground Lake Buena Vista
- Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort Campground
- Disneys Fort Wilderness Resort Campground
We should mention
The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotel Benefits
Guests staying at this Walt Disney World Resort hotel can enjoy the following benefits during their stay: First access to reserve a limited number of Disney FastPass+ attractions and shows, up to 60 days before they arrive (theme park tickets required); extended theme park hours with Extra Magic Hours at 1 of the Disney theme park each day (theme park tickets required); complimentary resort transportation via motor coaches, ferries, and monorail, providing convenient ways to explore all the theme parks at Walt Disney World Resort; complimentary parking at Walt Disney World Resort hotels and theme parks; complimentary MagicBands to access Disney theme parks (theme park tickets required), unlock guestrooms, check in at FastPass+ entrances for previously selected attractions and entertainment, and make payments at shops and restaurants; complimentary roundtrip airport service between Orlando International Airport and select Resort Hotels via motor coach with Disney’s Magical Express, including luggage delivery straight to guestrooms; resort hotel entertainment, including themed pools with slides, outdoor Disney movie screenings, and Disney Character Dining experiences.
Valid Theme Park admission tickets and online registration required for Disney FastPass+ attractions and entertainment (the number of selections guests can can make and available arrival windows are limited). To book airport transportation, guests must contact the property in advance of arrival; contact information is provided on the booking confirmation email. Offer subject to availability. Restrictions and blackout dates may apply.