Visiting Ormond Beach
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Ormond Beach, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events. Top sights around the area include Boardwalk Amusement Area and Pier, Daytona International Speedway, and Ocean Walk Village.
- You'll find 2056 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Daytona Beach
- The closest major airport is in Daytona Beach, FL (DAB-Daytona Beach Intl.), 6.8 mi (10.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Orlando, FL (SFB-Orlando Sanford Intl.), 36.7 mi (59.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ormond Beach
Families come for attractions such as Roberta Drive Fishing Dock, Briggs Drive Fishing Dock, and San Jose Fishing Dock. The beaches and sunrises highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Cassen Park, Bailey Riverbridge Gardens, and Ames Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Ormond Mound and Ormond Beach Performing Arts Center.
In Ormond Beach, you'll find 121 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Daytona/Ormond Beach - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and pool.
- Tropic Sun Towers - Our customers like the beach locale and pool at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking.
- OceanFront Inn and Suites - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its room size and local sightseeing.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Boardwalk Amusement Area and Pier, 5.1 mi/8.1 km from the city center, and Daytona International Speedway, which is 6.6 mi/10.7 km away.
Dressing for Ormond Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 77°F during the day and 47°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 56°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 91°F with nighttime averages of 70°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 85°F and nighttime averages of 48°F
- About 49.68 inches of rain falls on Ormond Beach each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 49°F