Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Nov 18, 2019
Reviewed on Dec 14, 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Apr 17, 2019
Reviewed on Oct 9, 2019
Reviewed on Nov 9, 2017
Reviewed on Oct 31, 2020
Reviewed on Jan 13, 2020
Travelers to Oxford give high marks for the college vibe and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events.
- There are 165 hotels and other accommodations in Oxford
- The closest major airport is in University, MS (UOX-University - Oxford), 1.6 mi (2.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Tupelo, MS (TUP-Tupelo Regional), 43.5 mi (70 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Oxford
Football fans will find lots to cheer about, while everyone can enjoy an event or game at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium or C.M. Tad Smith Coliseum. The university setting is a highlight of the city and University of Mississippi is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Sardis Lake and Rowan Oak.
In Oxford, there are 165 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Castle Hill of Oxford - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Chancellor's House - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a bar.
- Graduate Oxford - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Oxford
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 69°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 29°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 54°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 80°F as the daytime average and 30°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Oxford is 59.18 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 31°F