Visiting Oyster Bay
Visitors can enjoy all that Oyster Bay has to offer including the shopping, restaurants, and safari tours. Sky Zone, Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, and Belmont Park are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 306 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Farmingdale, NY (FRG-Republic), 11.1 mi (17.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in White Plains, NY (HPN-Westchester County), 16.7 mi (26.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Oyster Bay
Favorite places to visit in the city include Theodore Roosevelt Sanctuary, Sagamore Hill National Historic Site, and 20th Century Cycles. Additionally, you might want to add Theodore Roosevelt Memorial Park to your agenda.
As you make plans for a getaway to Oyster Bay, the perfect accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 34 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay in the area:
- LaGuardia Plaza Hotel is 20 mi (32.2 km) from the center of Oyster Bay. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in East Elmhurst can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and proximity to the airport.
- Radisson Hotel JFK Airport is located 20.8 mi (33.4 km) from the heart of Oyster Bay. This 3.5-star hotel in Jamaica features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a 24-hour fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and proximity to the airport.
- Wyndham Garden Fresh Meadows Flushing is 17.3 mi (27.8 km) from central Oyster Bay. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Fresh Meadows can enjoy access to free breakfast and a 24-hour fitness center, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and central location.
Popular places to visit in the area include Sky Zone, located 13.5 mi (21.7 km) from the heart of the city, and Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, which is 11.4 mi (18.3 km) away.
Getting Around Oyster Bay
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Oyster Bay Station. Oyster Bay might not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Oyster Bay
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 23°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 68°F as the daytime average and 26°F as the nighttime average
- About 43.74 inches of rain falls on Oyster Bay each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 25°F