Families enjoy visiting Palestine though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's architecture, festivals, and churches.
- You'll find 20 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Jacksonville
- The closest major airport is in Tyler, TX (TYR-Pounds Regional), 38.4 mi (61.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Palestine
The picturesque setting of Davey Dogwood Park and Green Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Anderson County Courthouse and Museum for East Texas Culture.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Palestine. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Comfort Suites - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and central location.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Palestine - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and breakfast at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express Palestine - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Palestine
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 72°F during the day and 34°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 90°F, while the average at night is 48°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 94°F with nighttime averages of 59°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 83°F and nighttime averages of 34°F
- Palestine gets about 46.65 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 93°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 36°F