Get an overview of this hotelGolf in La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, by Santa Rosa Mountains
Popular property highlights
A luxurious celebrity hideaway since it opened in 1926, this golf resort is set against the rugged Santa Rosa Mountains, 10 miles from Palm Desert, and 22 miles from Palm Springs.
15 Pools, 53 Spa Tubs
Guests of La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort enjoy access to 5 championship golf courses. Other highlights include 15 pools, spa tubs, 20 world-class tennis courts, Spa La Quinta, and a wide array of restaurants.
Guestrooms at La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort are located in Spanish-style casitas surrounding courtyards and pools, and offer luxury linens and separate showers and tubs. Views are of mountains, pools, or gardens.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Casitas are situated around courtyards or pools, and all pools are chilled during the summer. Paths meander among the one-story structures, connecting the fitness areas, recreation activities, shops, cafés, and restaurants. Evenings at La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort often feature live music and entertainment on the Plaza, located near the restaurants and an artificial waterfall. Free parking is available.
Treatments at Spa La Quinta include the Celestial Shower (a private outdoor massaging shower), the Citrus Soak in a garden tub, and massage designed for golfers.
- Children's pool
- Spa services on site
- Spa tub
- Full-service spa
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Children's club (surcharge)
- Supervised childcare/activities (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or café
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Business center
- Conference space
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Total number of rooms - 796
- Express check-out
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-in
- Hair salon
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Picnic area
- Fireplace in lobby
- Number of floors - 2
- Number of bars/lounges - 5
- Wedding services
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Fitness facilities
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Golf course on site
- Number of outdoor pools - 15
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Children's club
- One meeting room
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Poolside bar
- Luggage storage
- Free self parking
- Beach sun loungers
- Pool sun loungers
- Beach towels
- Number of restaurants - 4
- Outdoor tennis courts - 20
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 0.00 per stay )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 0.00 per night )
Free self parking, Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Video-game console
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Room service (limited hours)
- Air conditioning
- Free newspaper
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Access via exterior corridors
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free bottled water
- Microwave (on request)
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Separate bathtub and shower
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Cable TV service
- Iron/ironing board
- Daily housekeeping
- WiFi (surcharge)
- LCD TV
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Morgan's in the Desert - The signature restaurant at the resort serves contemporary American dishes reflecting the bounty of the Coachella Valley.
Adobe Grill - Regional Mexican cuisine in a casual setting. Indoor and outdoor seating with live jazz, signature margaritas, and guacamole prepared at the table.
TWENTY6 - A modern bistro serving American dishes that highlight local, seasonal ingredients.
Centre Court Café - Serves light fare, along with spectacular views of the Santa Rosa Mountains, stadium tennis court, and pool.
Coffee Market - Offers coffee, baked goods, sandwiches-to-go, and more.
Clubhouse dining - Three clubhouses adjacent to the golf courses offer breakfast, lunch, and an all-day bar with views of the courses and mountains.
Nearby Things to Do
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort has two main pools and 41 small pools. Five championship golf courses are a five-minute walk or two-minute golf-cart ride from the resort. La Quinta Resort Dunes has been rated by the PGA as one of the toughest courses in the United States. Golf Magazine rated the 16th hole at the La Quinta Resort Mountain course as one of the 500 best in the world. Other courses include the PGA West Stadium Golf Course, the PGA West Nicklaus Tournament Course, and the PGA West Greg Norman Course. Guests receive priority status and may book up to 120 days in advance.
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort's fitness center offers cardiovascular machines, free and controlled weights, and daily yoga, Pilates, and fitness classes (surcharges for classes).
Mountain biking, hiking, and horseback riding in the Santa Rosa Mountains are within five miles, and airplane sightseeing is available at the Palm Springs Airport, 19 miles away. The Palm Springs Aerial Tramway is 20 miles from the resort.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Fitness classes on site
- Basketball on site
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Golfing on site
- Volleyball on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
Spa La Quinta offers a wide assortment of spa treatments. Aromatherapy, Hydrotherapy, body scrubs and wraps, facials, manicures, and pedicures all using the best skin care products for an experience that is uniquely yours.
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Couples treatment rooms
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 35.00 per day.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 100 per accommodation, per stay
- 2 per room
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Resort fee: USD 30.00 per accommodation, per night
- Fitness center access
- Fitness/yoga classes
- Sporting facilities or equipment
- Shuttle service
- Internet access
- Phone calls
- In-room bottled water
- Additional inclusions
- Breakfast fee: between USD 10 and USD 30 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 0.00 per stay (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 0.00 per night (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 0.00 per night
- Pet fee: USD 100 per accommodation, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 35.00 per day
- Quinta Club Waldorf Astoria Resort
- Quinta Resort & Club Waldorf Astoria Resort
- La Quinta Resort & Club Hotel La Quinta
- La Quinta Resort And Club
- La Quinta Resort Club A Waldorf Astoria Resort
- Quinta Club Waldorf Astoria
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Best of Waldorf Promotion
Book a stay in a "Best of Waldorf" rate plan category and receive the following:
- One $50 USD hotel credit per night, per room