Visitors can enjoy all that Palmerston has to offer including the restaurants, shopping, and art. The welcoming and relaxing setting also entices those visiting the city.
- You'll find 87 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Darwin
- The closest major airport is in Darwin, NT (DRW-Darwin Intl.), 8.8 mi (14.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Palmerston
Places to visit in the larger region include Flight Path Golf & Outdoor Recreation, Hidden Valley Raceway, and Crocodylus Park. You'll also find Holmes Jungle Nature Park and Darwin Aviation Museum in the area.
This is a top rated accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Rydges Palmerston - Darwin - This 4.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and helpful staff.
Dressing for Palmerston
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 76°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 67°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 91°F with nighttime averages of 67°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 92°F and nighttime averages of 75°F
- Average annual rainfall for Palmerston is 67.05 inches
- Usually November and October are the hottest months with an average of 92°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 68°F