Worst hotel in Panama City
Posted Jul 26, 2016
1. If there is no water service at the hotel this should have been stated at the time of check in. It makes no sense to make a guest (or more in this case) go up to his room to realize that there is no water.
2. The hotel staff knew from the beginning that we had one of the activities of the wedding that night and when we checked in around 3:00 PM we were not given adequate information to modify our plans and to meet this event.
3. Appreciate the friendly staff, the service offered in the pool area, the upgrades offered as compensation, etc but are useless if there is not a basic service like water in the hotel.
4. Around 8:00 PM we decided to go to another hotel because ultimately not able to give prompt and timely response to the problem. As a result we had to pay all fairly high value in the fee for making a reservation the same day and not to mention all the time lost by the lack of effective communication. A pleasure trip cannot be overshadowed by hospitality professionals and lack of competition when these problems occur.
5. We were still asked to coordinate with the booking agency, Expedia in my case, to return the money. After everything that happened are we the ones who need to do more work and waste more time?
6. The smell in the rooms was awful - no AC at all. The view from the pool area is bad. Not worth for an hotel that price.
Worst experience ever. Wasted 25% of my time in Panama City dealing with careless hotel staff. 4 rooms 11 people affected.