Posted Jul 11, 2016 on Hotels
Where to start? For this service, you turn up at the office and are given a key, a map, and no other information about how to get to the apartment, which can be miles away.
Having negotiated the Metro at Parisian rush-hour with children and luggage, we arrived at the apartment to find:
- Dingy communal stairway with exposed wiring and doors hanging off
- The apartment, which had been sold to us as two-bedroom, was no such thing. The second 'bedroom' was a sofa-bed in the entrance hall
- Both bathrooms were off sleeping areas, so we (sleeping in living room) couldn't use them without disturbing the children
- Three lightbulbs, the dishwasher and the extractor fan all faulty
- No instructions for any of the appliances
- The kitchen was minimally equipped - no oven tray or gloves, the bare minimum of pans
- Damp rot and smell in the bathrooms
- No fire extinguisher or blanket in the kitchen, no emergency instructions (I don't know if the building even had a fire escape)
We were only staying for two nights so we put up with it, but we won't be back.