Posted Oct 16, 2016
From the moment we checked in, the service definitely was lacking in many areas. The room they provided us with had a wet, moldy smell and when we asked for a different room, the hotel attendant at the front desk was pretty rude about it. And spraying Febreeze in the room does not mask the wet, moldy smell by the way. Later on in the night, we asked another hotel attendant to help us order pizza because of the language barrier with the pizza place and he was very hesitant to help us out. 20 minutes later, we decided to walk to McDonalds.
The beds were ok but the washroom is TINY. I am 6-foot, 215 lbs and I could barely move in that bathroom without hitting something. The sink is half the size of a conventional sink and the shower wasn't very good at all.
We were only in Paris for 1 night and I am glad we didn't have to stay in this hotel much longer.
Comment from Hotel Management
Nov 9, 2016 by Veronique, Hotel Management
I am Veronique, Manager of Hotel de la Cité Rougemont.
First of all, thank you to have taken time to share your experience on internet even if I would like underline several points.
1. You arrived in the morning, around 3 hours before check-in time. The man at reception proposed to get a sit in our lobby to give time to the housekeepper to prepare your room earlier.
2. When you entered your room around 1:00 pm, your saw the housekeepper in the room facing yours and you aksed us to move to this one because you predered it.
3. We acceded to your request with pleasure nevertheless it took a little more time again to finish the housekeepping.
4. In all the case you benefited your room before check in time without any additional fees :)
5. As you were waiting at your arrival, I was here and I saw the 2 men at reception coordinating with the housekeepper your early check in, in order to satisfy you.
6. For your information, your room had a 3,5 sqm2 bathroom, that means superficy standard of a 4 stars hotel in the heart of Paris
Another fact is that we are very surprised with a moldy smell mentioned in your review ... it could arrive that people smoked in rooms even it was not allowed but we never had registered moldy smell in the 2 rooms you visited
7. Regarding the pizza : the night audit called pizza restaurant but this one explained that it was to late for delivery
He just needed some minutes to find another solution at this time of the night.
So all our team is so surprised with your review
However, we hope that you will keep good memories of Paris