Visiting Pawleys Island
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Pawleys Island, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and pristine golf courses. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its seafood restaurants. A top sight in the area is Broadway at the Beach.
- You'll find 5027 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Myrtle Beach
- The closest major airport is in Myrtle Beach, SC (MYR), 20.7 mi (33.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in North Myrtle Beach, SC (CRE-Grand Strand), 34.7 mi (55.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Pawleys Island
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Litchfield Beach and Huntington Beach State Park. Golfing is just one of the top activities, while Pawleys Plantation and Caledonia Golf and Fish Club are sights to visit. You'll also find Brookgreen Gardens and Rice Museum in the area.
In Pawleys Island, you'll find 246 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Pelican Inn - This 2.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Hampton Inn Pawleys Island - Litchfield - Our customers like the quiet location and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Best Western Pawleys Island - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and convenient parking.
Dressing for Pawleys Island
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 74°F during the day and 35°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 90°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 91°F with nighttime averages of 60°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 81°F and nighttime averages of 35°F
- About 56.22 inches of rain falls on Pawleys Island each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 37°F