Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelLuxury, landmark Scottsdale amid scenic mountains
Popular property highlights
Set against the slope of Camelback Mountain, this 250-acre resort is in the Valley of the Sun between Phoenix and Scottsdale, and Historic Old Town is two miles away.
The Phoenician's attractions include an $25-million art collection, 27-hole golf course, 9 swimming pools, 2-acre cactus garden, and a health spa.
All 585 spacious Phoenician guestrooms feature private balconies with desert views, high-speed Internet access, CD players, and premium Italian bed linens.
The Phoenician, a Luxury Collection Resort, Scottsdale
Renovations & Closures
- Golf course
This elaborate Arizona resort offers unique amenities for discriminating travelers, including the Meditation Atrium at the Centre for Well-Being Spa. Sounds of gently falling water soothe guests in a room filled with greenery and softly filtered sunlight, where meditation classes are offered regularly. For more boisterous fun, one of the hotel's pools features a 165-foot water slide.
Expansive conference space offers 160,000 square feet of conference rooms, exhibit space, and small meeting rooms. Wireless Internet access is available. Self-parking (surcharge) and valet parking (surcharge) are available.
- Number of outdoor pools - 9
- Fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Poolside bar
- Business center
- Express check-out
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Conference space size (meters) - 14864
- Hair salon
- Concierge services
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Conference center
- Snack bar/deli
- Designated smoking areas
- Shopping on site
- Pool umbrellas
- Outdoor tennis courts - 10
- Total number of rooms - 585
- Number of floors - 5
- Golf course on site
- 24-hour pool access
- Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- Number of bars/lounges - 4
- Full-service spa
- Conference space
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Meeting rooms 8
- Year Built 1988
- Pool cabanas (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or café
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Children's club (surcharge)
- Children's pool
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Spa services on site
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 6
- Conference space size (feet) - 160000
- Spa tub
- Television in common areas
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 12.95 per 24-hour period )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 12.50 per 24-hour period )
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Video-game console
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free weekday newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Hair dryer
- Separate bathtub and shower
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Cable TV service
- Room service (24 hours)
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- LCD TV
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
Where to Eat
J&G Steakhouse - Modern design with stunning valley views. Featuring a range of cuisine including customized menus complemented by a collection of appetizers and side dishes. Open daily from early evening till late evening.
Canyon Pool Grille - Open every day, from late mornings to late afternoons, for poolside dining. The menu offers light items including grilled chicken sandwiches, hamburgers, and hot dogs, along with a long list of beverages.
Relish Burger Bistro - Casual dining spot located atop the Golf Clubhouse. Serving Phoenician burgers including a healthy “fork & knife” option. Offering a large tequila collection. Open early morning till early evening.
Thirsty Camel Lounge - Open every afternoon and evening, with live piano music. Besides a wide variety of beverage choices, the lounge offers appetizers and snack items such as shrimp cocktail, a seasonal fruit and cheese plate, and crisp tortilla chips.
The Praying Monk - Booked for private parties only. A European-style wine cellar with vaulted ceiling, brick trim, and old-world antiques. Designed for celebrating special occasions, it has tapestry-upholstered seating for up to 16 guests.
Lobby Tea Court - Classical music accompanies afternoon tea served in traditional English fashion every day. Pastries, scones, finger sandwiches, and a selection of fine teas are offered.
Nearby Things to Do
The Phoenician Pools make up a three-tiered complex featuring the iconic, hand-tiled Mother of Pearl pool on the lower level; and three separate, recreational-styled pools on the upper level. A redesigned center pool boasts new deck space offering additional seating as well as a VIP area featuring cabanas (surcharge), chaise lounges and day beds. For kids, there are a variety of imaginative adventures awaiting at the premiere tree house and waterslide, along with the existing splash pad. When it’s time to replenish, the new Kalio Kabobery restaurant and bar presents fresh, Mediterranean-inspired fare for casual and flavorful dining.
The resort's 18-hole golf course provides manicured greens and lush fairways, as well as a pro shop and clubhouse.
The resort also includes a supervised Kids' Club offering indigenous activities, entertainment and creative projects, as well as fun, team-building exercises for ages 5-12.The concierge staff can arrange personalized tours of regional attractions such as the red rocks of Sedona, the Grand Canyon, Flagstaff, and authentic western "ghost towns." The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golf driving range on site
- Golf lessons on site
- Golfing on site
- Hiking/biking trails on site
- Mountain biking nearby
- Volleyball on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
- Playground on site
- Ecotours nearby
- Fitness classes on site
- Basketball on site
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
Feel the serenity of the Sonoran Desert at The Spa on 4th at The Phoenician. A retreat for body, mind, and spirit. Enjoy a relaxing massage or replenish your skin with a calming facial. The Spa offers a full menu of services, for ages 18 and older, to ensure you look and feel your best throughout your stay.
- Number of treatment rooms 24
- Minimum age to access spa is 18
- Couples treatment rooms
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at 1:30 AM
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 175 per accommodation, per stay
- Dogs only
- Up to 40 lb
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Resort fee: USD 35 per accommodation, per night
- Fitness/yoga classes
- Sporting facilities or equipment
- Internet access
- Additional inclusions
- Breakfast fee: between USD 5 and USD 30 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 12.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 12.50 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 18.00 per night
- Valet parking fee: USD 33.00 per night
- Pet fee: USD 175 per accommodation, per stay
- Phoenician Hotel
- Phoenician Hotel Scottsdale
- Phoenician Scottsdale
- The Phoenician Hotel Scottsdale
- The Phoenician, Scottsdale Hotel Scottsdale
- Phoenician Luxury Collection Resort Scottsdale
- Phoenician Luxury Collection Resort
- Phoenician Luxury Collection Scottsdale
- Phoenician Luxury Collection
We should mention
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The Phoenician, a Luxury Collection Resort, Scottsdale is listed in the 2012 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay.