Get an overview of this hotelLuxury, landmark Scottsdale amid scenic mountains
Popular property highlights
Set against the slope of Camelback Mountain, this 250-acre resort is in the Valley of the Sun between Phoenix and Scottsdale, and Historic Old Town is two miles away.
The Phoenician's attractions include an $25-million art collection, 27-hole golf course, 9 swimming pools, 10 lit tennis courts, 2-acre cactus garden, and a health spa.
All 583 spacious Phoenician guestrooms feature private balconies with desert views, high-speed Internet access, CD players, and premium Italian bed linens.
- Good location
- Proximity to shopping
- Onsite restaurant
- Overall property condition
- Helpful staff
- Clean guestrooms
The Phoenician, a Luxury Collection Resort, Scottsdale
This elaborate Arizona resort offers unique amenities for discriminating travelers, including the Meditation Atrium at the Centre for Well-Being Spa. Sounds of gently falling water soothe guests in a room filled with greenery and softly filtered sunlight, where meditation classes are offered regularly. For more boisterous fun, one of the hotel's pools features a 165-foot water slide.
Expansive conference space offers 160,000 square feet of conference rooms, exhibit space, and small meeting rooms. Free wireless Internet access is available. Self parking (surcharge) and valet parking (surcharge) are available.
- Fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Poolside bar
- Business center
- Express check-out
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Outdoor pool
- Conference space size (meters) - 14864
- Number of meeting rooms - 26
- Hair salon
- Concierge services
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Conference center
- Snack bar/deli
- Designated smoking areas
- Shopping on site
- Outdoor tennis courts - 10
- Total number of rooms - 583
- Number of floors - 5
- Golf course on site
- Tennis on site
- Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- Number of bars/lounges - 4
- Full-service spa
- Conference space
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Meeting rooms
- Year Built 1988
- Coffee shop or café
- Free WiFi
- Wired Internet access - surcharge
- Children's pool
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Spa services on site
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 7
- Conference space size (feet) - 160000
- Spa tub
- Television in common areas
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Wired high-speed internet ( USD 12.95 per night )
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Wired Internet access - surcharge
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Video-game console
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free weekday newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Hair dryer
- Separate bathtub and shower
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Cable TV service
- Room service (24 hours)
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- LCD TV
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
Where to Eat
J&G Steakhouse - Modern design with stunning valley views. Featuring a range of cuisine including customized menus complemented by a collection of appetizers and side dishes. Open daily from early evening till late evening.
Canyon Pool Grille - Open every day, from late mornings to late afternoons, for poolside dining. The menu offers light items including grilled chicken sandwiches, hamburgers, and hot dogs, along with a long list of beverages.
Relish Burger Bistro - Casual dining spot located atop the Golf Clubhouse. Serving Phoenician burgers including a healthy “fork & knife” option. Offering a large tequila collection. Open early morning till early evening.
Thirsty Camel Lounge - Open every afternoon and evening, with live piano music. Besides a wide variety of beverage choices, the lounge offers appetizers and snack items such as shrimp cocktail, a seasonal fruit and cheese plate, and crisp tortilla chips.
The Praying Monk - Booked for private parties only. A European-style wine cellar with vaulted ceiling, brick trim, and old-world antiques. Designed for celebrating special occasions, it has tapestry-upholstered seating for up to 16 guests.
Lobby Tea Court - Classical music accompanies afternoon tea served in traditional English fashion every day. Pastries, scones, finger sandwiches, and a selection of fine teas are offered.
Nearby Things to Do
Nine swimming pools allow guests to swim laps, zoom down a 165-foot slide, or bask in the sun. The resort's 27-hole golf course provides manicured greens and lush fairways, as well as a pro shop and clubhouse. The Tennis Garden includes 10 lighted championship courts, an automated practice court, and its own pro shop and clubhouse. The Centre for Well-Being hosts fitness training classes and activities.
Located at the Tennis Garden is the Family Activity Centre featuring a movie theater, video game room with a Nintendo Wii, air hockey, foosball, and a variety of board games. The resort also includes a supervised Kids' Club offering indigenous activities, entertainment and creative projects, as well as fun, team-building exercises for ages 5-12.
The concierge staff can arrange personalized tours of regional attractions such as the red rocks of Sedona, the Grand Canyon, Flagstaff, and authentic western "ghost towns."
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Playground on site
- Golf driving range on site
- Golf lessons on site
- Golfing on site
- Fitness classes on site
- Basketball on site
- Hiking/biking trails on site
- Mountain biking nearby
Feel the serenity of the Sonoran Desert at the stunning Centre for Well-Being at The Phoenician. Our luxurious spa in Scottsdale is a peaceful haven for mind, body, and soul. Rejuvenate and refresh your senses with stimulating and healing spa treatments, a blend of Old World therapies, and innovative spa services that detoxify and invigorate your body and spirit. Centre for Well-Being offers beauty services, body scrubs, body treatments and wraps, facial treatments, and massages. The centre also features 24 treatment rooms, a spa tub, and a sauna.
- Sauna in spa
- Spa tub in spa
- Number of treatment rooms 24
- Couples treatment rooms
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-in time ends at 1:30 AM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 175 per accommodation, per stay
- Dogs only
- Up to 40 lb
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Resort fee: USD 29 per accommodation, per night
- Spa access
- Sporting facilities or equipment
- Internet access
- Additional inclusions
- Breakfast fee: between USD 5 and USD 30 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 12.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Airport shuttle fee: USD 62.00 per person (one way)
- Self parking fee: USD 12.00 per night
- Valet parking fee: USD 33.00 per night
- Pet fee: USD 175 per accommodation, per stay
- Phoenician Hotel
- Phoenician Hotel Scottsdale
- Phoenician Scottsdale
- The Phoenician Hotel Scottsdale
- The Phoenician, Scottsdale Hotel Scottsdale
- Phoenician Luxury Collection Resort Scottsdale
- Phoenician Luxury Collection Resort
- Phoenician Luxury Collection Scottsdale
- Phoenician Luxury Collection
We should mention
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The Phoenician, a Luxury Collection Resort, Scottsdale is listed in the 2012 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay.