Not a 5-Star Luxury Hotel
Posted Jun 22, 2016
My stay at the The Pavilions, Phuket was very disappointing and misleading from the pictures. My husband and I vacationed for our anniversary, and stayed in the Spa Penthouse. The concept of the 2-story villa was great, but not well maintained at all.
I could list many things, but Ill keep it to the things that frustrated us most:
- A majority of the villa reeked of mildew.
- There were noticeable signs of leak issues in the ceiling walls
- The indoor shower was very dirty. The floors were black (probably mold) and there was pink mold all along the bottom corners.
- The outdoor day bed had rips in the mattress
- The towels were ripped and had many holes
- We requested a wake up call for the morning of our excursion and they never called.
- Manager, I think her name was Kathy was not very pleasant to speak with and showed no sympathy for our concerns.
- Room service came into our villa even though we had a sign to no enter.
From the pictures, I thought we would have an infinity pool with a view but we were wrong. When I called to inquire about it, the woman I spoke with told me the pictures was altered, used for marketing. The staff did not appear to communicate with each other or with their manager which was very frustrating. When we complained about the smell in our room, the manager did not seem as if she knew about it nor did she seem to care. We got back to our villa and their solution was to fill the villa with room fresheners mask odor - but didn't work