Posted Aug 26, 2016
First the hotel is hard to get to as the entrance is not clearly marked from the street. We had to circle around to the back to get to it.
Upon checking in and going up to the room, we noticed the door to next room was wide open and remained so for the duration of our stay. We didn't realize we accidentally booked a smoking room until we walked in. The smell was horrendously strong.
We called the front desk and we kindly asked to switch rooms, even offering to pay a fee if need be to switch to a non smoking room. The owner was rude and argumentative, even hanging up on us claiming all the non smoking rooms were full. When leaving for the day, we could clearly see all the non smoking rooms were empty on the first floor.
We returned later that evening to quite a surprise: the door to our room was propped open. We had made sure to close the door to our room before leaving and yet our room was open as we could see light coming around the edges of the door.
We hurried upstairs and thankfully our belongings had not been disturbed as we had been gone for the majority of the afternoon, well into the evening with no idea how long our room had been open for anyone to wander in.
With no other options we decide to make the best of the room, emptying a can of Febreze to kill the smell. Even with the air freshener, the smell had permeated everything and it was hard to get a good nights rest. Honestly, I wouldn't stay here again. This was by far the worst place we've stayed at.