Another great stay at El Dorado!
Posted May 2, 2016 on Orbitz
1. Food is fantastic
2. Rooms are clean and spacious (if you're on a budget, get a basic room, you'll still have a blast)
3. There are pools for people who like to party and mingle but there are also quieter pools.
4. Room service is 24 hours and tasty!
5. Hotel is only about 25 minutes from airport
6. Beach is beautiful and water is crystal clear! They do have large sandbags out in the ocean that I assume are for erosion purposes but they aren't bad. They actually make the water much calmer so you can enjoy the ocean without getting beat up by the waves.
7. La Isla has the best food in my opinion. Cocotal has an awesome breakfast buffet if you want a buffet. Swingbar by JoJos makes the best drinks.
8. They do have free Wi-Fi across the entire complex and it is fast enough to facetime and stream netflix (even on the beach)
1. The best spot for quiet beach people is on the far side of the Presidential Villas. There is a super clean restroom nearby, a bar, and they serve a little buffet lunch as well. It is fabulous if you want to feel like you have the whole place to yourself.
2. If you like a party pool be sure to get up and have your chairs claimed by 7:30 at the very latest at the La Isla pool.
3. Buildings 41-44 are quiet and close to just about everything.
4. The fastest lunch (besides the little pop up buffets) is at La Cabana Pizzeria. Pizzas/Nachos/Hotdogs/Hamburgers/etc and it's all tasty.