Pocatello Motels for the Frugal Traveler
You can select from 6 affordable motels in Pocatello among more than 42 lodging choices. These budget accommodations can help you cut costs compared to traditional hotels, which have more amenities but ones you may never use.
Fun fact: Starting in the early 1950s, customized neon signs often lit up the roadside motels, and examples today can still be seen along historic U.S. Route 66. When you stay at a motel, you'll often find an outdoor pool and a free parking spot.
Below are some of Expedia customers' best-rated Pocatello motels to choose from:
Lava Spa Motel & RV Park
- Enjoy access to the free parking, 24-hour front desk, and picnic area.
Super 8 by Wyndham Pocatello
- A business center along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
Tumbling Waters & Le Cascade Villas
- Enjoy access to the 24-hour front desk, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
Motel 6 Pocatello
- Free WiFi, free parking, and a seasonal outdoor pool are available during your stay.
Rodeway Inn University
- Enjoy access to the computer station, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
What to Do in Pocatello
Take time out to enjoy the hot springs in this relaxing, family-friendly area while you're sightseeing. People visiting Pocatello like its shops and restaurants.
You'll find these family-friendly attractions:
- Pocatello Zoo
- Lava Hot Springs Olympic Swimming Pool and Water Park
- Lava Hot Springs Foundation
During your trip, here are some other places to visit:
- Holt Arena
- Idaho State University (ISU)
- L.E. and Thelma E. Stephens Performing Arts Center
Pocatello is also notable for its:
- Casino gaming
- University life
Best Time to Visit Pocatello
Determine the perfect time for your visit to Pocatello by reviewing these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically August and July, while January and December are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 54° F and nighttime temperatures average 15° F
- April-June: 83° F is the daytime average and 31° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 90° F and nighttime averages are around 37° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 68° F during the day and 15° F at night
- Average rainfall is 12.05 inches in a year
How to Get to Pocatello and Around the Area
|Pocatello, ID (PIH-Pocatello Regional) ||Airport ||8 mi (12.9 km) |
|Idaho Falls, ID (IDA-Idaho Falls Regional) ||Airport ||48.8 mi (78.6 km) |