Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Feb 11, 2020
Reviewed on Feb 27, 2020
Visitors can enjoy all that Pondicherry has to offer including the rocky beaches and temples. A top sight in the city is Sri Aurobindo Ashram.
- There are 178 hotels and other accommodations in Pondicherry
- The closest major airport is in Pondicherry (PNY), 1.8 mi (2.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Pondicherry
The city is notable for landmarks like Sri Aurobindo Ashram, Matrimandir, and Pondicherry Lighthouse. The city's natural beauty is on display at Paradise Beach, Botanical Gardens, and Pondicherry Promenade Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Arulmigu Manakula Vinayagar Temple and Raj Niwas.
In Pondicherry, there are 178 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Palais de Mahé- Cgh Earth - This 3-star hotel features 2 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Hotel du Parc - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. This 3-star hotel in White Town features 2 restaurants, free breakfast, and free WiFi.
- Le Dupleix - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in White Town can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Getting Around Pondicherry
If you want to journey outside of the city, ride aboard a train from Pondicherry-Puducherry Station, Pondicherry Villiyanur Station, or Perani Station. Pondicherry might not have very many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Pondicherry
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 95°F and the nighttime average to be 72°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 101°F during the day and 79°F at night
- July through September averages 98°F during the day and 79°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 93°F during the day and 73°F at night
- Pondicherry gets about 47.67 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually May and June with an average temperature of 100°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 73°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Pondicherry?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Pondicherry, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Pondicherry?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Pondicherry?
What's the best place to stay in White Town?
What's the best accommodation in Pondicherry Beach?
What's the best place to stay for a family vacation in Pondicherry?
What's the best hotel for a romantic vacation to Pondicherry?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Pondicherry?
What's the best place to stay near Sri Aurobindo Ashram?
What about the best place to stay near Mailam Murugan Temple?
Recent reviews of Pondicherry hotels
More trip options
- Pondicherry Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Pondicherry Airports
- Hotels in Pondicherry Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Pondicherry Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Pondicherry
- More Hotel Options in Pondicherry
- Pondicherry Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in Tamil Nadu
- Other Hotels near Pondicherry, Tamil Nadu
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends