Visiting Port Macquarie
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Port Macquarie, and visitors give high marks for the bustling port. This city also attracts tourists with its rainforests. A top sight in the city is Lighthouse Beach.
- There are 289 hotels and other accommodations in Port Macquarie
- The closest major airport is in Port Macquarie, NSW (PQQ), 1.9 mi (3.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Taree, NSW (TRO), 38.5 mi (61.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Port Macquarie
Cultural venues in the city include Mid North Coast Maritime Museum Pilot Boat Shed, Mid North Coast Maritime Museum, and Glasshouse Cultural Centre. Families come for attractions such as Koala Hospital, Billabong Koala Wildlife Park, and Macquarie Nature Reserve. The city is notable for landmarks like Tacking Point Lighthouse, Lake Innes Ruins, and Douglas Vale Historic Homestead & Vineyard.
In Port Macquarie, you'll be able to select from 289 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Ana Mandara Luxury Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Anchors B&B - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Beachport Bed and Breakfast - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Port Macquarie include Lighthouse Beach.
Dressing for Port Macquarie
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 82°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 59°F
- From April to June, the average is 77°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 74°F during the day and 43°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 82°F as the daytime average and 51°F as the nighttime average
- Port Macquarie gets about 41.46 inches of rain per year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 82°F, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 44°F