Get an overview of this hotel5-star luxury hotel near Royal Botanic Gardens
Popular property highlights
Situated in the entertainment district, this luxury hotel is within 1 mi (2 km) of Alfred Hospital and Royal Botanic Gardens. National Gallery of Victoria and Eureka Tower are also within 2 mi (3 km).
This hotel features a restaurant, a fitness center, and a bar/lounge. Other amenities include a coffee shop/café, a conference center, and WiFi in public areas.
All 209 soundproofed rooms feature WiFi and pillowtop beds. Guests will find kitchenettes with refrigerators, stovetops, microwaves, and dishwashers.
- High-quality beds
- Good location
- Proximity to public transit and shopping
- Onsite restaurant
- Helpful staff
Art Series-The Blackman
Dining options at the hotel include a restaurant and a coffee shop/café. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. A computer station is located on site and wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. Event facilities measuring 3228 square feet (300 square meters) include a conference center. This luxury hotel also offers a fitness center, a library, and tour/ticket assistance. Concierge services and wedding services can be provided. Parking is available onsite for a surcharge. The property may provide extended parking privileges to guests after check-out (surcharge).
Art Series-The Blackman has designated areas for smoking.
- 24-hour front desk
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 209
- Number of floors - 19
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or café
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-out
- Fitness facilities
- Tours/ticket assistance
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Computer station
- Luggage storage
- Designated smoking areas
- Express check-in
- Concierge services
- Laundry facilities
- Meeting rooms
- Year Built 2010
- Conference space size (feet) - 3228
- Conference center
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Conference space size (meters) - 300
- Number of meeting rooms - 4
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( AUD 9.95 per 24-hour period ), Wired internet access ( AUD 9.95 per 24-hour period )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( AUD 9.95 per 24-hour period )
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Separate sitting area
- Free newspaper
- Soundproofed rooms
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Shower only
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
- iPod docking station
- Cable TV service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Cookware, dishware, and utensils
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Pillowtop mattress
- LCD TV
Where to Eat
Cooked-to-order breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6:30 AM and 10:30 AM.
Fluor Depot de Pain - This café specializes in French cuisine and serves breakfast, brunch, and lunch.
Classico - This restaurant specializes in Italian cuisine and serves lunch and dinner. Guests can order drinks at the bar and enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting).
Late night fare is available from 24-hour room service.
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the hotel include a fitness center.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Scooter/moped rentals on site
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 12 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for AUD 70.0 per day.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Parking height restrictions apply
- Breakfast fee: between AUD 10 and AUD 35 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: AUD 9.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: AUD 9.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: AUD 9.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: AUD 25 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: AUD 35.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: AUD 70.0 per day
- Art Series-The Blackman
- Art Series-The Blackman Hotel Melbourne
- Art Series The Blackman Hotel Melbourne
- Art Series - The Blackman Hotel Melbourne
- Art Series The Blackman Hotel
- Art Series The Blackman Melbourne
- Art Series The Blackman
We should mention
This property's policy is to refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, including pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties. This property offers transfers from the airport. Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Complimentary Smart Car
Guests who book a Penthouse room type will receive free use of a smart car.
Good for Cullen Penthouse room type only. Valid driver’s license required. Other restrictions may apply.