Visiting Port Stephens
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Port Stephens, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and relaxing spas. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its relaxing setting. Top sights in the city include Dutchies Beach and Tomaree National Park.
- There are 1836 hotels and other accommodations in Port Stephens
- The closest major airport is in Newcastle, NSW (NTL-Williamtown), 14 mi (22.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Port Stephens
The city is notable for landmarks like Tea Gardens-Hawks Nest Bridge, Mount Tomaree, and Sugarloaf Point Lighthouse. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Dutchies Beach, Tomaree National Park, and Winda Woppa Reserve. Top activities include exploring the waterfront and whale watching, while Soldiers Point Marina, Port Stephens, and d'Albora Marinas Nelson Bay are favorite sights to visit.
In Port Stephens, you'll be able to select from 1836 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hawks Nest Motel - With a stay at this 3.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and clean, quiet rooms.
- Lemon Tree Passage Motel - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean rooms at this motel. With a stay at this 3-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Bannisters Port Stephens - This 4-star hotel features 3 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and bar.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Nobbys Head Beach, located 21.4 mi (34.4 km) from the city center, and Newcastle Beach, which is 22.2 mi (35.8 km) away.
Dressing for Port Stephens
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 81°F and the nighttime average to be 60°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 75°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September averages 71°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 80°F during the day and 53°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Port Stephens is 37.85 inches
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 47°F