Top Hotels Near Porta di Catania in Taormina City Centre
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Top Hotels Close to Porta di Catania
You could be seeing lower prices
Porta Catania Hotel Guide
If history was your best subject during school, you'll have a good time at Porta Catania.
If you don't recognize Taormina, the place where it's located, you've likely come across the capital city, Rome, from which it is 320 miles.
If you'd like to secure accommodations within convenient walking distance of Porta Catania, you can choose from 62 that are within a radius of 0.6 miles. The Metropole Maison D'Hotes, The Ashbee Hotel and San Domenico Palace are a few of the most popular ones.
If you're interested in keeping your accommodation costs low, have a look at the variety of budget hotels in the area. The Villa Il Glicine Residence, 0.5 miles away, or the Hotel Villa Chiara, found 0.4 miles from here, will most likely be what you're looking for.
The immediate area also features a variety of upmarket accommodation options that provide a more extravagant experience. One of the local favorites is the Belmond Grand Hotel Timeo, a walk of only 0.5 miles away. There is also the NH Collection Taormina. You'll easily find this spot just 0.4 miles away.
Those visiting Porta Catania frequently delight in strong coffees and treats at Luraleo Bar, merely a convenient stroll away. If you're looking for somewhere for lunch or dinner, select from a range of meals at L'arco - About Pizza, which is also close by. Afterwards, pop into Gelateria Fresta and get a round of wines.
Other Places to Visit near Porta CataniaYou don't need to venture very far from Porta Catania to find other things to see and do in this area:
- Make time to visit Palazzo dei Duchi di Santo Stefano, this historic palace has remained here for generations.
- An excursion to Church of Sant'Antonio Abate is a good way to really understand the local religion and way of life.
- Find some diversions from the daily grind at Piazza del Duomo. This is a historic piazza where locals have fed the birds and caught up with one another for generations.
- Fondazione Mazzullo, a historically significant government building, will captivate people who would like to find out more about the region's past.
- The value of Baroque Fountain is in its past. For both professional and amateur photographers, its whereabouts and cultural beauty makes for an excellent picture.
If you'd rather not deal with traffic or parking, take the train to Porta Catania. It's an easy walk of 0.4 miles from Taormina-Giardini, the nearest stop.