Visitors can enjoy all that Porthcawl has to offer including the seaside, restaurants, and bars. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its golf courses. Dylan Thomas Centre, Swansea Beach, and Oystermouth Castle are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 281 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Cardiff
- The closest major airport is in Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.), 16.7 mi (26.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Swansea (SWS), 17.6 mi (28.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Porthcawl
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Dylan Thomas Centre, Swansea Beach, and Oystermouth Castle. Additionally, you'll find Margam Castle and Aberavon Beach in the area.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Porthcawl. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Fairways Hotel - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Mary House - Our customers like the central location and WiFi at this guesthouse. Amenities at this 3-star guesthouse include a bar.
- The Brentwood Hotel - Amenities at this 2.5-star hotel include free breakfast and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Dressing for Porthcawl
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 51°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 35°F
- From April to June, the average is 66°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 68°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 60°F as the daytime average and 36°F as the nighttime average
- About 37.68 inches of rain falls on Porthcawl each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 67°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 36°F