Get an overview of this hotelRestored grandeur in Portland with 2-room suites
Built in 1912, this eight-story downtown hotel is two blocks from the MAX light rail line and the Willamette River. Portland Saturday Market, Tom McCall Waterfront Park, and Voodoo Doughnuts are nearby.
A complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast is offered daily; a manager's reception with bar beverages and snacks is also available daily in the Arcadian Gardens plaza.
The Embassy Suites Portland-Downtown provides separate living rooms with sofa beds and well-lit dining and work areas. Suites have wet bars, microwaves, refrigerators, and cable TV.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Embassy Suites Portland-Downtown
This downtown Portland hotel is within three blocks of the Willamette River and the Portland Saturday Market. Pioneer Courthouse Square is 9 blocks away.
Embassy Suites Portland-Downtown occupies a painstakingly restored 1912 building that once housed the opulent Multnomah Hotel. The spacious lobby has gold-leafed columns, marble stairways, crystal chandeliers, plush sofas and chairs, and a living room area with a fireplace and shelves stocked with books.
Guests enjoy a complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast every morning and a two-hour daily manager's reception with beverages and snacks. On the lower level of the hotel, the Arcadian Garden features murals. The hotel is also home to a gift shop and a mini library with a fireplace. In addition to a 24-hour business center, this Embassy Suites has 11 meeting/conference rooms and provides audio-visual equipment. Beauty services are available. Self-parking and valet parking are available (surcharges apply for each). This hotel also provides charging stations for electric vehicles as well as free WiFi.
- 24-hour front desk
- Number of floors - 8
- Year Built 1912
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- Free breakfast
- Express check-in
- Fireplace in lobby
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-out
- Fitness facilities
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Hair salon
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free WiFi
- Computer station
- Luggage storage
- Total number of rooms - 276
- Laundry facilities
- Meeting rooms 11
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Conference center
- Conference space size (meters) - 1301
- Number of meeting rooms - 27
- Shopping on site
- Smoke-free property
- Spa tub
- Indoor pool
- Wedding services
- 24-hour business center
- Conference space size (feet) - 14000
- Free reception
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Indoor pool
- Free Wi-Fi
- Laundry facilities
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 9.95 per 24-hour period )
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium bedding
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free weekday newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Premium TV channels
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Cable TV service
- Iron/ironing board
- MP3 docking station
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Private bathroom
- Room service (limited hours)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- WiFi (surcharge)
- LCD TV
Where to Eat
Guests of the hotel enjoy a complimentary cooked-to-order/buffet breakfast every morning. Guests are also invited to a daily manager's reception with complimentary beverages and snacks. Both breakfast and the evening reception are held in the hotel's Arcadian Gardens plaza on the lower level. Room service is available during limited hours.
Start your morning with a free cooked-to-order breakfast, available each day of your stay. Every day, the hotel hosts a free manager's reception for you to enjoy. You can order a meal from room service during limited hours.
Nearby Things to Do
Embassy Suites Portland-Downtown has a fitness center overlooking a large, free-form indoor pool with sauna and spa tub.
Additional recreational activities are available on the nearby riverfront and in nearby parks.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Manicures and pedicures
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-in time ends at 11:30 AM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 15.00 per day.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed (service animals welcome)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Only service animals are allowed
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 9.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 35 per day (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 42 per day (in/out privileges)
- Early check-in fee: USD 25.00
- Late check-out fee: USD 50.00
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 15.00 per day
- Embassy Suites Hotel Portland-Downtown
- Embassy Suites Portland-Downtown
- Portland-Downtown Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites Portland - Downtown Hotel Portland
- Portland Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites Portland-Downtown Hotel
We should mention
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.