Book your room at Sentinel
Get an overview of this hotelHistoric, Northwest-style in downtown Portland
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, this hotel is 4 blocks from Pioneer Place Mall and Pioneer Courthouse Square and 7 blocks from the Performing Arts Center.
A Northwest landmark
Sentinel offers modern conveniences amid historical ambiance, and was renovated in March 2014. Amenities include a Starbucks Late Night Coffee Shop and wireless Internet access in the lobby.
The east wing of Sentinel houses 72 nonsmoking guestrooms. The west wing houses 28 rooms showcasing an eclectic design mixed with old and new, and found and made items.Would you like to give us feedback? Share it! Opens in a new window
Sentinel614 SW 11th Avenue Portland OR 97205
Sentinel is one block from the MAX light rail and four blocks from Pioneer Place Mall. The Portland Center for the Performing Arts is seven blocks away. Banquet/meeting space totals 22,000 square feet and includes 9 meeting rooms. Jake's Grill is also on site, located in the hotel's east wing. Guests can enjoy a drink at the hotel's onsite bar, Jackknife.
- 24-hour business center
- 24-hour front desk
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or café
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Conference center
- Conference space
- Conference space size (feet) - 22000
- Conference space size (meters) - 1980
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fitness facilities
- Free WiFi
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Luggage storage
- Meeting rooms 9
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
- Number of floors - 6
- Smoke-free property
- Total number of rooms - 100
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- Year Built 1909
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Air conditioning
- Cable TV service
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free toiletries
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Daily housekeeping
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Frette Italian sheets
- Hair dryer
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- iPod docking station
- Iron/ironing board
- MP3 docking station
- Pay movies
- Pillow menu
- Pillowtop mattress
- Premium bedding
- Premium TV channels
- Private bathroom
- Room service (24 hours)
- Shower/tub combination
Where to Eat
Jake's Grill - Downtown restaurant located off hotel lobby. Brass-and-mahogany bar; carved wood columns; old photos; mounted wild game. "Dome Room" features eight-foot stained-glass dome. American Grill cuisine includes seafood, steaks, and specialty desserts. Room service available 24 hours. Open daily.
Jackknife - Reinvented lobby bar with happy hour.
Starbucks - Accessible through lobby. Coffee, lattes, other beverages, and snacks served.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or near this Portland hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time ends at Midnight
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-out time is Noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children under 12 years old stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 25.00 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 45 per pet, per stay
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 7 and USD 12 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 40.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 45 per pet, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 25.00 per night
- Sentinel Hotel
- Sentinel Hotel Portland
- Sentinel Portland
- Governor Hotel Portland Oregon
We should mention
Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.