Get an overview of this hotelHistoric downtown Portland hotel near Pioneer Square
Popular property highlights
Close to light rail
Built in 1913, this hotel is 4 blocks from Pioneer Square, MAX light rail trains, downtown shopping, and Pearl District shops, galleries, and restaurants. The Portland Center for the Performing Arts is nearby.
The 14-story Benson offers a lobby restaurant and a steakhouse, a 24-hour fitness center, and complimentary wireless Internet access. Dinners by candlelight can be arranged in the hotel's wine cellar.
The Benson Hotel's guestrooms offer Tempur-Pedic mattresses, iPod docking stations, and complimentary wireless Internet access. Premium channels are complimentary.
- Central location
- Helpful staff
- Clean guestrooms
- Comfy beds
- Location was a bit noisy
The Benson, a Coast Hotel
This Beaux Arts style smoke-free Benson Hotel offers 18,000 square feet (1,672 square meters) of meeting space, including boardrooms, ballrooms, and banquet rooms. The hotel also has a restaurant, a 24-hour fitness center, a cozy lobby fireplace, and a 24-hours business center on the second floor. One Meeting room. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access is available throughout the hotel. Limited hour room service. Complimentary coffee and tea are available in the lobby every morning.
- Concierge services
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Business center
- Total number of rooms - 287
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Number of floors - 14
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Conference space size (feet) - 18000
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Coffee shop or café
- Conference space
- Fireplace in lobby
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- 24-hour health club
- Luggage storage
- One meeting room
- Year Built 1913
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Conference space size (meters) - 1672
- Number of meeting rooms - 18
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Free WiFi
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Limo or Town Car service available
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Premium TV channels
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Shower only
- Hair dryer
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Tempur-Pedic mattress
- Iron/ironing board
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Satellite TV service
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- In-room massage available
- Room service (limited hours)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free WiFi
- iPod docking station
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- LCD TV
Where to Eat
El Gaucho - This Portland steakhouse, is adjacent to The Benson Hotel. Tableside preparations like Chateaubriand and Bananas Foster are paired with an extensive, world-class wine list. The restaurant also features an intimate lounge, a cigar lounge, private dining rooms, happy hour, and nightly live music.
The Palm Court - Located in the lobby, this restaurant and lounge features comfortable seating areas for drinks, food, and conversation. Open daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Happy hour is twice-nightly with special menu pricing and a wide selection of wine, beer, and spirits from around the world. Live jazz entertainment is available Wednesday through Saturday.
Nearby Things to Do
The Benson Hotel offers 24-hour fitness facilities. Additional recreational activities are available at Washington Park, one mile from the hotel, and at other area parks.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 4:00 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-in time ends at midnight
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 15.00 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 25 per accommodation, per stay
- 2 per room (up to 25 lb)
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 9.00 and USD 30 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: USD 14.00 per person (one way)
- Airport shuttle fee per child: USD 14.00 (one-way), (from 0 to 18 years old)
- Valet parking fee: USD 40.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 25 per accommodation, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 15.00 per night
- Benson Coast Hotel
- Benson Coast Hotel Portland
- Benson Hotel
- Benson Hotel Coast Hotel
- Benson Hotel Coast Hotel Portland
- Hotel Benson
- Benson Coast Portland
- Benson Coast
We should mention
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).