Get an overview of this hotelHistoric downtown Portland hotel near Pioneer Square
+VIP Access™ Hotel
We carefully hand-picked this hotel based on its dedication to service and excellent guest reviews.
Expedia +gold members receive free room upgrades and +gold and +silver members get other perks upon availability at check-in.See details
Close to light rail
Built in 1913, this hotel is 4 blocks from Pioneer Square, MAX light rail trains, downtown shopping, and Pearl District shops, galleries, and restaurants. The Portland Center for the Performing Arts is nearby.
The 14-story Benson offers a lobby restaurant and a steakhouse, a 24-hour fitness center, and complimentary wireless Internet access. Dinners by candlelight can be arranged in the hotel's wine cellar.
The Benson Hotel's guestrooms offer Tempur-Pedic mattresses, iPod docking stations, and complimentary wireless Internet access. Premium channels are complimentary.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
The Benson, a Coast Hotel309 SW Broadway Portland OR 97205
This Beaux Arts style smoke-free Benson Hotel offers 18,000 square feet (1,672 square meters) of meeting space, including boardrooms, ballrooms, and banquet rooms. The hotel also has a restaurant, a 24-hour fitness center, a cozy lobby fireplace, and a 24-hours business center on the second floor. One Meeting room. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access is available throughout the hotel. Limited hour room service. Complimentary coffee and tea are available in the lobby every morning. 24-hour check-in available.
- Concierge services
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Business center
- Express check-out
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Total number of rooms - 287
- Number of floors - 14
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Conference space size (feet) - 18000
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Coffee shop or café
- Conference space
- Fireplace in lobby
- 24-hour health club
- Luggage storage
- One meeting room
- Year Built 1913
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Conference space size (meters) - 1672
- Number of meeting rooms - 18
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free WiFi
- Limo or Town Car service available
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free weekday newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Premium TV channels
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Hair dryer
- Deep soaking bathtub
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Tempur-Pedic mattress
- Iron/ironing board
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Satellite TV service
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- In-room massage available
- Room service (limited hours)
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Free WiFi
- iPod docking station
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- LCD TV
Where to Eat
El Gaucho - This Portland steakhouse, is adjacent to The Benson Hotel. Tableside preparations like Chateaubriand and Bananas Foster are paired with an extensive, world-class wine list. The restaurant also features an intimate lounge, a cigar lounge, private dining rooms, happy hour, and nightly live music.
The Palm Court - Located in the lobby, this restaurant and lounge features comfortable seating areas for drinks, food, and conversation. Open daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Happy hour is twice-nightly with special menu pricing and a wide selection of wine, beer, and spirits from around the world. Live jazz entertainment is available Wednesday through Saturday.
Nearby Things to Do
The Benson Hotel offers 24-hour fitness facilities. Additional recreational activities are available at Washington Park, one mile from the hotel, and at other area parks.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Minimum check-in age is 21
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 15.00 per stay.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 25 per accommodation, per stay
- 2 per room (up to 25 lb)
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 9.00 and USD 30 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: USD 14.00 per person (one way)
- Airport shuttle fee per child: USD 14.00 (one-way), (from 0 to 18 years old)
- Valet parking fee: USD 40.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 25 per accommodation, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 15.00 per stay
- Benson Coast Hotel
- Benson Coast Hotel Portland
- Benson Hotel
- Benson Hotel Coast Hotel
- Benson Hotel Coast Hotel Portland
- Hotel Benson
- Benson Coast Portland
- Benson Coast
We should mention
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).